There are 274 users in the forums

Vance "Beastmode" McDonald Thread

Shop 49ers game tickets
Keep fighting Vance...you will make it through.
this dude sucks
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
idk why VM was so mad at VD, not like he would've caught it anyway. Saved him some embarrassment. He owes VD lunch.
Originally posted by AUniner:
I like Vance. He had a tough night, but that's ok. He's still young n that's going to happen.

It would be great if they had someone other than Mangini coaching TE's. And our receivers coaching has been pretty puss poor imo that entire Harbaugh tenure.

Imagine if we had someone like Brent Jones showing him the ropes. I think we would see him flourish.

I think he'ok be a good player for us for a long time but there will be bumps in the road along the way.

Brent couldnt catch the ball for him though
The maddening thing is how he fails. The guy is snake bit. He get open on an awesome route...drops the ball, makes a stud catch with nice RAC...fumbles, reads the QB is in scramble drill...finds an open spot and gets bumped by Vern.

The potential is so tantalizing...he just needs better concentration and a little better luck. His hands arent amazing, but they are certainly good enough when he is focused, he runs very well after the catch but isnt paying attention to how he carries the ball, he makes the smart play in the endzone but isnt aware enough of his surroundings to box out and play tough on the ball...I know it was our own guy, but what if it wasnt? It all comes back to focus....he cant seem to keep mentally in the game through out and he needs to work on it.

I still have hope for him, mostly because he pisses me off with those glimpses of how good he could be....if he was easy to dismiss there wouldnt be such a big thread here about him.
Anyone looking at this objectively can see the talent is there. He is just going to be a work in progress. He still needs some opportunities in the game where he is the first option.
  • Veteran
He played a good game, so what if he fumbled. lets be fair.
He is f**kin suck when he did fumbled it. .. he don't know how hold the ball..
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,700 for BuZzB28.
Get Carrier in if Vance will fumble again then he must bench!
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Oct 14, 2014 at 6:43 AM ]
Originally posted by xela510:
Dude has no place to be yelling at vernon like that, ...
He sure as hell does, Kaepernick was throwing right to him.
... especially after fumbling the ball earlier in the game.
I agree that the fumble play was maddening, I was pissed off about that play, but the two plays have nothing to do with each other. I was equally pissed at Vernon for the latter play.
He probably would have dropped the pass anyway. Carrier needs to be in there, not Vance.
Nope, McDonald would have caught this one, the fact that he didn't is because Davis wanted to prop his own numbers up (to help get a new contract later on). I love V Davis, and hope he is a 49er for the rest of his career, but the truth is he should have backed off on that play and let the young guy shine.

I've given him the benefit of the doubt being a rookie last year, but he has done next to nothing this year even with VD out...I'm done with Vance! He drops balls, fumbles, and doesn't get open. Carrier has been a better TE this year so far. We could have drafted Travis Kelce in the 3rd!
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PhillyNiner:
The maddening thing is how he fails. The guy is snake bit. He get open on an awesome route...drops the ball, makes a stud catch with nice RAC...fumbles, reads the QB is in scramble drill...finds an open spot and gets bumped by Vern.

The potential is so tantalizing...he just needs better concentration and a little better luck. His hands arent amazing, but they are certainly good enough when he is focused, he runs very well after the catch but isnt paying attention to how he carries the ball, he makes the smart play in the endzone but isnt aware enough of his surroundings to box out and play tough on the ball...I know it was our own guy, but what if it wasnt? It all comes back to focus....he cant seem to keep mentally in the game through out and he needs to work on it.

I still have hope for him, mostly because he pisses me off with those glimpses of how good he could be....if he was easy to dismiss there wouldnt be such a big thread here about him.

Agree, but different conclusion. I am so done with this guy. Dude is snake bit. Let him go someplace else and inflict his drive killing misadventures on them. Maybe someday his luck will turn around, but we're playing for a championship and don't have time for this. In every draft, there's two or three TE's with as much or more potential than this guy. Time to move on.
[ Edited by Lifer on Oct 14, 2014 at 1:04 PM ]
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Anyone looking at this objectively can see the talent is there. He is just going to be a work in progress. He still needs some opportunities in the game where he is the first option.

He has talent and ability. He's definitely a great blocker. He can catch and get run after the catch. It's just the maddening little things he does wrong. Like mental aspects of the game. Plus as others said he is a little snake bit. Just the weirdest, crazy things happen to him on plays.
The fumble was unfortunate, but the St. Louis player put his helmet right on the ball. Tough to hold onto it in those situations.

I though he had a good game, just disappointed in VD. Not only the drops, but causing McDonald to miss his first TD was tough too.

VD better bring his A-game on Sunday night! As for McDonald, I'm not worried. He's got size, speed, and blocking ability to be a good TE in this league.
Even when Vance makes a play he doesn't make a play.. He's not good at football, period. He gave Vernon the stink eye when he stole his TD.. Poor Vance..
Share 49ersWebzone