There are 268 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

• Jiks
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
With all the high %'s and efficiency..the block to the next level for AS is his safe play.

Almost every game that the chiefs played has been a grinder do to giving the other teams a chance to be in it. I guess it's cool and good that he is winning at the end of the day...but he does need to get better and it start with 3rd downs. or

it will be a repeat of the 2011 NFCCG Stalemate (Two good Defenses) till one team makes a mistake

That's myopic thinking, really. Just watch the games... you just can't churn in nice drives with this OL. Jeff Allen is a disaster... top 10 in drops.. bottom 10 in pass pro..

There are few if any QBs that can step right in and make this offense a machine so far...

It's really just as simple as that... always has been. If the OL and receivers can just be adequate, then this offense will move from 16th in efficiency to top 10-12... and that would be plenty good enough to start separating from opponents much earlier in games.

Very top in false starts they said during the game yesterday.
With all the high %'s and efficiency..the block to the next level for AS is his safe play.

Almost every game that the chiefs played has been a grinder do to giving the other teams a chance to be in it. I guess it's cool and good that he is winning at the end of the day...but he does need to get better and it start with 3rd downs. or

it will be a repeat of the 2011 NFCCG Stalemate (Two good Defenses) till one team makes a mistake

That's myopic thinking, really. Just watch the games... you just can't churn in nice drives with this OL. Jeff Allen is a disaster... top 10 in drops.. bottom 10 in pass pro..

There are few if any QBs that can step right in and make this offense a machine so far...

It's really just as simple as that... always has been. If the OL and receivers can just be adequate, then this offense will move from 16th in efficiency to top 10-12... and that would be plenty good enough to start separating from opponents much earlier in games.
it might be myopic or just coincidence maybe even bad luck that OL and Dropsies follow AS ?
it might be myopic or just coincidence maybe even bad luck that OL and Dropsies follow AS ?

Hard to say.

In both 2011 and 2013 instances, you are dealing with an OL learning together as they go. KC went from more zone blocking in 2012 to more man in 2013. Jeff Allen is either just lacking in talent, or not adjusting well. Hudson (the C) is inexperienced and coming off a broken leg. Fisher is a small school rookie, and lacks power.. plus was injured early on. Branden Albert generally gives up the edge too quickly on 3-4 plays per game. Sometimes, these fails are critical.. sometimes not. The penalties are more likely from both inexperience and trouble adjusting to the new scheme.

The drops? Well, no one would boast this group as very good in the first place. Passes dropped are hitting the receivers in their hands, and not difficult, poorly placed ones. They are from a lack of focus or poor separation leading to a defender breaking the connection up. We can call some of this bad luck and coincidence. These are often problems of a prior losing team learning slowly to be better.

The encouraging thing is... with all of these many issues.. this team finds ways to win when it counts. I expected things to improve more quickly.. so maybe the position coaches are a problem. Andy Heck is their OL coach, and came over from Jacksonville.. who also sported an underwhelming OL in pass pro.

There are a lot of things that need to come together for KC. Most fair minds paying close attention recognize the OL as the largest issue.

Wait... I thought he was lucky. You know, awesome coaching and great defenses always carrying him....
i hope they lose in the playoffs because if we see them in the superbowl i really dont know what would happen. seems like alex has been beat down by the coaches, media and fans around here to have infinite levels of incentive to have the best game of his life against us in the big game. id rather they get beat by the pats, broncos or something and we eat their children in the superbowl instead lol
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i hope they lose in the playoffs because if we see them in the superbowl i really dont know what would happen. seems like alex has been beat down by the coaches, media and fans around here to have infinite levels of incentive to have the best game of his life against us in the big game. id rather they get beat by the pats, broncos or something and we eat their children in the superbowl instead lol

I doubt that they will make the SB, but if they did and we played them, I have no doubt that we would whoop that ass.
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

Alex looked nervous playing us in preseason. i wouldn't be worried playing him the SB. i really hope we do actually.
  • Jiks
I think the story line would be fantastic. Alex playing against his old team with something to prove. Kaep and Alex going head to head. One guy that lost his job to Kaep, and another guy that took his job. 2 great defenses. All around this would be very fun to watch.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
I think the story line would be fantastic. Alex playing against his old team with something to prove. Kaep and Alex going head to head. One guy that lost his job to Kaep, and another guy that took his job. 2 great defenses. All around this would be very fun to watch.

49ers 31 - Chiefs 9

Hard to say.

In both 2011 and 2013 instances, you are dealing with an OL learning together as they go. KC went from more zone blocking in 2012 to more man in 2013. Jeff Allen is either just lacking in talent, or not adjusting well. Hudson (the C) is inexperienced and coming off a broken leg. Fisher is a small school rookie, and lacks power.. plus was injured early on. Branden Albert generally gives up the edge too quickly on 3-4 plays per game. Sometimes, these fails are critical.. sometimes not. The penalties are more likely from both inexperience and trouble adjusting to the new scheme.

The drops? Well, no one would boast this group as very good in the first place. Passes dropped are hitting the receivers in their hands, and not difficult, poorly placed ones. They are from a lack of focus or poor separation leading to a defender breaking the connection up. We can call some of this bad luck and coincidence. These are often problems of a prior losing team learning slowly to be better.

The encouraging thing is... with all of these many issues.. this team finds ways to win when it counts. I expected things to improve more quickly.. so maybe the position coaches are a problem. Andy Heck is their OL coach, and came over from Jacksonville.. who also sported an underwhelming OL in pass pro.

There are a lot of things that need to come together for KC. Most fair minds paying close attention recognize the OL as the largest issue.

A big one is a QB who doesn't throw deep very often. This is why the entire other portion of the offense must play flawless. When TD's mainly come from 8-10 play drives taking small chunks at a time, mistakes cannot be made. The smallest mistake appears huge in an Alex Smith lead offense. Why? Because rarely can it over come mistakes due to its inability to make the big play.

A lot of it has to do with the QB's inability to attempt bigger quick-hitting plays.

Look at SEA. Their OL is worse AND they have a more mobile QB. Their receivers are worse. What keeps them from losing games? The QB's ability to make big plays.
[ Edited by Joecool on Nov 4, 2013 at 12:05 PM ]

• Jiks
Originally posted by verb1der:

49ers 31 - Chiefs 9

That would be nice. Wouldn't be an Alex fan that day for sure.

49ers 31 - Chiefs 9

Lol, it's crazy to think that it's actually a possible Superbowl scenario. And yea the storyline of the match up would make for a blockbuster Ryan Gosling movie.
  • Jiks
Lol, it's crazy to think that it's actually a possible Superbowl scenario. And yea the storyline of the match up would make for a blockbuster Steve Blake movie.

fixed
Lol, it's crazy to think that it's actually a possible Superbowl scenario. And yea the storyline of the match up would make for a blockbuster Steve Blake movie.

fixed

lol, good one, too bad he's not an actor.

49ers 31 - Chiefs 9

I'd be an Alex fan that day...but I'd be rooting for the 9ers to outscore the Chiefs.
Share 49ersWebzone