There are 179 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by verb1der:
One thin that is much better about Smith this year is his running.

he learned that from Kaep

I think Reid is giving him more freedom to run.

Perhaps both is true
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Wins/Losses are a "team" thing. So it's really pointless to say "one is undefeated". Truth is, there's a HUGE difference between the way Kaep is playing vs Smith. One has a lethal arm, and incredible legs, and puts fear in defenses.

The other throws check downs, will never attack deep, and leaves it up to the defense. <---we've all witnessed (for 8 years) what this formula results to. Heart break.

Bottom line is this, believing in the Chiefs is like falling in love with a hooker. Don't do it.

Reading some of your posts is like having a hooker explain Nietzsche...or is that Freud?

He knew Kaepernick at Utah? Wow! Didn't know that...
Wins/Losses are a "team" thing. So it's really pointless to say "one is undefeated". Truth is, there's a HUGE difference between the way Kaep is playing vs Smith. One has a lethal arm, and incredible legs, and puts fear in defenses.

The other throws check downs, will never attack deep, and leaves it up to the defense. <---we've all witnessed (for 8 years) what this formula results to. Heart break.

Bottom line is this, believing in the Chiefs is like falling in love with a hooker. Don't do it.

Reading some of your posts is like having a hooker explain Nietzsche...or is that Freud?

I think Alex Smith forgot about his Utah self, and then learned his lesson when Kaep took his job by running the ball!

I think Alex Smith forgot about his Utah self, and then learned his lesson when Kaep took his job by running the ball!

May be! I know that Smith listened and took advice to the point of it being a negative influence in some cases. Scary to think of some of the OCs who were "teaching" him!
  • Jiks

Not the undefeated part. Or the part in which he hardly ever threw the long ball. Actually listened to Ron McBride(coach that recruited Alex) talk about Alex the other day saying this is who Alex has always been since high school. He stated that Alex has won playing this style of football since he has known him.

Factor when Alex has had a good offensive coach and a system to run his record is a 50.5 - 8.5(originally did math wrong 9-1, 13-0, 13-3, 6.5-3, 8-0) dating back to Urban Meyer, then to Harbaugh, then to Reid.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Oct 28, 2013 at 4:58 PM ]
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:

Not the undefeated part. Or the part in which he hardly ever threw the long ball. Actually listened to Ron McBride(coach that recruited Alex) talk about Alex the other day saying this is who Alex has always been since high school. He stated that Alex has won playing this style of football since he has known him.

Factor when Alex has had a good offensive coach and a system to run his record is a 54.5 - 9.5 dating back to Urban Meyer, then to Harbaugh, then to Reid.

That's pretty interesting. I gotta admit, no QB in the NFL posseses Alex Smith's style of play and be able to consistently win with it, in that regard he's truly unique.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by drakan:
No the defense isn't doing that, and the stats are about the same (except QBR which Kaep is higher, and he has more TDs scored).

Plus, it's not about stats, it's about being able to attack a defense, and not playing scared.

Smith attacks the defense in his own way...and it works. He scores and eats up huge chunks of the clock. The Chiefs have won the TOP battle in every game they played this season. Yesterday, despite the horrible second half, they still had a 6 minute advantage in the TOP. Winning the TOP helps the defense a lot, especially late into the season and playoffs.

In the last 3 games, SF is ranked 6th in TOP. KC is ranked 13th. SF attacks the defense in the same manor as KC but SF can get big chunks upon call.

Previous post: That TD to McCluster was not very impressive on the QB's part as it was wide open. Nice play call and read but it was a pass that must have been completed. DB was 2 yards behind him and the Safety was 5 yards to his left upon his catch.

why cherry pick the last 3 games--what are the numbers for the season

To see the details and if there is actually consistency. For example, Alex had a very nice QB rating last year but it you look at the games, he was very inconsistent from one game to another. Averages don't tell consistency.

I bet if we ran the numbers Alex comes out looking just as consistent as the top 10 ranked QBS in the NFL. I think you're digging.

That's what I'm trying to say, honestly. I checked it out for myself and Alex really isn't that far off at all over the past few seasons. At the end of the day, the thing is to have the good greatly outweigh the bad, and that's true in Alex's case.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Oct 28, 2013 at 5:32 PM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
smith plays best under pressure from what I remember him as when he was here. when he absolutely has to get it done he gets the team to do what it has to

No, that wasn't true. In past years, his play was terrible when the score was within 8 points. It has been posted before.

70.1 when ahead...but 93.0 when behind 1-8 points.

2012-
93.1 when ahead and 89.1 when behind by 1-8 points

74.1 when ahead and 80.8 when behind.

So it really looks like he picks up his game when he needs to and cruises when he is ahead. If you were going to judge him just based on statistics.

Watching all of his games Alex seems to be two different QBs depending on the score. When he's behind he'll take chances and make plays. When he's ahead(even by a FG or less) he'll go into conservative mode......

Originally posted by aTx49er:
Watching all of his games Alex seems to be two different QBs depending on the score. When he's behind he'll take chances and make plays. When he's ahead(even by a FG or less) he'll go into conservative mode......

True.. and it's an aspect of Alex that frustrates fans, but could be that Reid loves it about him. He won't Romo a game away.
No the defense isn't doing that, and the stats are about the same (except QBR which Kaep is higher, and he has more TDs scored).

Plus, it's not about stats, it's about being able to attack a defense, and not playing scared.

Smith attacks the defense in his own way...and it works. He scores and eats up huge chunks of the clock. The Chiefs have won the TOP battle in every game they played this season. Yesterday, despite the horrible second half, they still had a 6 minute advantage in the TOP. Winning the TOP helps the defense a lot, especially late into the season and playoffs.

In the last 3 games, SF is ranked 6th in TOP. KC is ranked 13th. SF attacks the defense in the same manor as KC but SF can get big chunks upon call.

Previous post: That TD to McCluster was not very impressive on the QB's part as it was wide open. Nice play call and read but it was a pass that must have been completed. DB was 2 yards behind him and the Safety was 5 yards to his left upon his catch.

interesting that you chose the last 3 games instead of the whole season.

For the season KC is ranked 5th. 9ers are 19th in terms of % of TOP.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/team-time-of-possession-statistics/2013/

Those averages are not a representation of their recent games. KC stacked up the averages in the first few games. It's like a receiver catching for 200 yards one week and then 40 each of the two following weeks to average 80 a game.

Averages are great but they don't show consistency very well.

uhh...Chiefs TOP yesterday was 36 minutes 5 seconds. Niners 28 minutes 29 seconds.

Never one to let stats stand for themselves if they can be tweaked to support a point of view! LOL! One of the attributes he is known for...and you have to try and take that away as well.

What was that? Hate is love unrequited?
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

True.. and it's an aspect of Alex that frustrates fans, but could be that Reid loves it about him. He won't Romo a game away.

Thank heavens! If there were two Romo's in the NFL I might have to switch to being a Hockey fan!
It's Dilfer. That mofo taught Smithy to play scared like in his SB year with the Ravens. Bad f**king influence.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

Thank heavens! If there were two Romo's in the NFL I might have to switch to being a Hockey fan!

If there were two Romo's in the NFL - I can bet they both played for Jerry Jones.
Share 49ersWebzone