LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 247 users in the forums

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Shop 49ers game tickets

How many games will the Chiefs win PYMWYMI

Originally posted by susweel:
lol I dont care if their team had 50 career ending injuries. Why would that effect me as a NINER fan ?

First, learn the difference between "effect" and "affect".

Second, unless you are a robot Niner fan, I would expect you are a human. And unless you are fully able to separate your humanity from your fandom, it should AFFECT you as a Niner fan because there are things that are more important than slight increase in draft picks. Most non-sociopaths would enjoy the game less if there are constant negatives around it, and so they look for positives. The Chiefs story is a positive for most Niner fans, and for many it is a greater positive than an improved draft pick.
Lets also not for get the copious parallels between the pre-Harbaugh Niners and the pre-Ried chiefs. Talented roster, losing culture, a coach comes in and immediately turns the ship around on the principles of ball security and defense all the while using our QB of 7 years. Its 2011 again and that could be fun to watch through the perspective of a Niner fan.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DarkKnight1680:
lol I dont care if their team had 50 career ending injuries. Why would that effect me as a NINER fan ?

First, learn the difference between "effect" and "affect".

Second, unless you are a robot Niner fan, I would expect you are a human. And unless you are fully able to separate your humanity from your fandom, it should AFFECT you as a Niner fan because there are things that are more important than slight increase in draft picks. Most non-sociopaths would enjoy the game less if there are constant negatives around it, and so they look for positives. The Chiefs story is a positive for most Niner fans, and for many it is a greater positive than an improved draft pick.

dont curr bout none of that. All I want is my team to have the best possible advantage.
Originally posted by Shorteous:
Lets also not for get the copious parallels between the pre-Harbaugh Niners and the pre-Ried chiefs. Talented roster, losing culture, a coach comes in and immediately turns the ship around on the principles of ball security and defense all the while using our QB of 7 years. Its 2011 again and that could be fun to watch through the perspective of a Niner fan.

indeed. It is like a mirror image of the '11 Niners. And as long as his punt returner doesn't muff twice, I wouldn't be surprise if he finally makes it to the big game.
anyone who wants them to better than 8-8 is not totally invested in being a niner fan.

Being a fan of good football or certain non-49er players in general over minor draft positioning does not make one not a Niner fan. Does everyone who liked Barry Sanders when he played not a Niner fan? When Sanders played I enjoyed watching him tear other teams apart because it was fun to watch as a football fan.... except when he played the 49ers. When he played SF I wanted him to get stuffed and shut down. How is this much different than wanting to see Alex and the Chiefs win more than 8 games as long as they don't beat the Niners in the Super Bowl? The Draft doesn't compel every NFL fan like it does others, and I'd rather be entertained by the games in the league in general and perhaps specific non-Niner players I like to watch play than get hung up on the difference of probably 10 spots in the 2nd round of the draft where my team will have a dozen or so picks anyway.

Truth be told, in some ways watching the Chiefs is more enjoyable because the stress is not there like watching the 49ers. Win or lose I don't care - I just want the entertainment. With the Niners I LOVE when they win, but when they lose or are in the middle of struggling to win a game the pure enjoyment of the game can get drowned out by the stress of it all.
[ Edited by captveg on Oct 21, 2013 at 2:02 PM ]
I get both sides of it.. but me personally? I chose to become a 49ers fan many years ago. I never lived anywhere near the WC... never had daddy or grandpappy brainwash me into pulling for the 49ers or GTFO. So what I am saying is... I will cheer for whoever the hell I want to and enjoy whatever aspects of football I want to. I wake up on Sunday mornings now even happier... because I have not just 3 hours of watching my favorite team play... but SIX hours of watching my two favorite teams play. Add to that, this Chiefs team as a whole is pretty damn cool! It may have started out over their new QB.. but there is much to like about many other Chiefs aspects.. as well as their rise from the 2-14 cellar.

... and none of that should ever have to be defended. Any one of you could outwardly state that you love the Browns, but also like the 49ers, and like posting here... and I would say "great! welcome aboard"... Why should I care much about your preferences? We girlfriends?

Like who you want to like... and if others have a problem with that? Well.. that's their pitiful problem to deal with.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
I get both sides of it.. but me personally? I chose to become a 49ers fan many years ago. I never lived anywhere near the WC... never had daddy or grandpappy brainwash me into pulling for the 49ers or GTFO. So what I am saying is... I will cheer for whoever the hell I want to and enjoy whatever aspects of football I want to. I wake up on Sunday mornings now even happier... because I have not just 3 hours of watching my favorite team play... but SIX hours of watching my two favorite teams play. Add to that, this Chiefs team as a whole is pretty damn cool! It may have started out over their new QB.. but there is much to like about many other Chiefs aspects.. as well as their rise from the 2-14 cellar.

... and none of that should ever have to be defended. Any one of you could outwardly state that you love the Browns, but also like the 49ers, and like posting here... and I would say "great! welcome aboard"... Why should I care much about your preferences? We girlfriends?

Like who you want to like... and if others have a problem with that? Well.. that's their pitiful problem to deal with.

Well said. I guess I am not "fan enough" either. I will root for both the 49ers and Alex Smith, even if the 49ers get a lower draft pick as a result.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
go sign up on the Chiefs Forum and suck alex's dick there
Originally posted by DRnSFw:

THIS
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

THIS

THOSE

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

THIS

THOSE

Like you could really sucks Alexs dick over the internet
That SHOULD be three posters perma-banned on here. Will be interesting to see....
Guys - the language that we tolerate in the Parking Lot is not acceptable in the football forums. You all know this. Warnings have been issued.
That SHOULD be three posters perma-banned on here. Will be interesting to see....

OK, I am curious. Lets pretend here.

49ers and Chiefs are about to play. If the niners win or lose, it doesnt change their post season at all. They are in no matter what, and cannot do any better by winning. The chiefs however are clinging to their playoff lives. This is the last game of the year and they have to win to get Alex and the Chiefs into the playoffs. Who you want to win?
Share 49ersWebzone