LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 156 users in the forums

Ray Lewis retirement/SB officiating question

Shop 49ers game tickets
if you execute the ref calls wont be an issue. its my biggest issue with seahawk fans about their sb game, they scream bloddy murder about losing that game but fact is they didnt play clean enough football to win that game. missed a fg (maybe even 2), allowed the longest rush in sb history right after half time, allowed a gadget play td when randle el threw a td, turned the ball over etc. when you allow things like that to happen you wont win the game.
I saw a link where Ed Reed says he thinks Ray is coming back next year. Nfl.com maybe? If he said he'll be back just because he just wanted to motivate his teams would be pretty shady. I wouldn't completely rule it out. That should take some wind out of the sails of the D. Go Niners!!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crabman82:
if you execute the ref calls wont be an issue. its my biggest issue with seahawk fans about their sb game, they scream bloddy murder about losing that game but fact is they didnt play clean enough football to win that game. missed a fg (maybe even 2), allowed the longest rush in sb history right after half time, allowed a gadget play td when randle el threw a td, turned the ball over etc. when you allow things like that to happen you wont win the game.

I had re-read that a couple of times...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
fk that puto
Originally posted by crabman82:
if you execute the ref calls wont be an issue.

well...no...I guess not....it has never been tried before in my time. Wonder if the leauge has back up Refs on stand by.

so yea..there is that, we could go all Mayan on the Refs
[ Edited by Dshearn on Jan 29, 2013 at 5:13 AM ]
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
We need to help Moss get a ring, screw Lewis; if the refs blow a call or two in the 49ers favor so be it.

We can't forget about Gore, It's too bad you have a guy that is a media dream with his off field non-sense and his obnoxious dances as well as overhyped pep talks that completely overshadows the career and adversity someone humble like Gore had to face dating back to his college years. Gore is class and talent that is just as deserving if not more than this Ultimate warrior face painted creep. Lewis' on field abilities should never be doubted but it's old, let's move on
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
I saw a link where Ed Reed says he thinks Ray is coming back next year. Nfl.com maybe? If he said he'll be back just because he just wanted to motivate his teams would be pretty shady. I wouldn't completely rule it out. That should take some wind out of the sails of the D. Go Niners!!

man i hope not, great player but i question his character off field.. this is not the same as when we faced J. Bettis.. he was retiring and that was his only shot at a ring, Lewis already has one.. as mentioned, they're other stories just as big.. R. Moss and Gore don't have rings, Quest for Six, first year starter making only his 10th start.. Lewis is a broken record i think most outside fans are tired of hearing.. i think the officiating will be even called, bad calls happen, unfortunate part of the game.
YUP THAT JUST HAPPENED
This sucks.
That holding was so blatant, he was holding him with two f**king hands in the endzone, right in front of the ref, I can't believe that s**t, even late in the game, you gotta call that. If Crabtree isn't held, he scores a touchdown. Absolute b******t, f**k the Ravens, f**k Ray Lewis and his fake preacher b******t, they all go f**k themselves.

What about the blatant helmet to helmet hit on Crabs on third down?Really no call after all the player safety bs i heard all year nice job WWE uh I mean NFL.
Originally posted by DaleGribble:
What about the blatant helmet to helmet hit on Crabs on third down?Really no call after all the player safety bs i heard all year nice job WWE uh I mean NFL.

So...I was right??
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
That holding was so blatant, he was holding him with two f**king hands in the endzone, right in front of the ref, I can't believe that s**t, even late in the game, you gotta call that. If Crabtree isn't held, he scores a touchdown. Absolute b******t, f**k the Ravens, f**k Ray Lewis and his fake preacher b******t, they all go f**k themselves.

f**ker actually said "if god is with you who can be against you" after the victory.
Dude can try to hide behind his so-called religious beliefs, but it doesn't explain why he didn't serve jail time for his involvement in the murders last time the Super Bowl was in NOLA. He must have made a plea bargain with God.
Share 49ersWebzone