There are 236 users in the forums

Was Deion as a Falcon ever hated like Sherman was? Would you ever accept Sherman as a 9er?

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • lazy
  • Veteran
I don't think that deion was hated as much as Richard Sherman
Originally posted by lazy:

Not even close.
Originally posted by crake49:
Originally posted by lazy:

Not even close.

Nothing richard Sherman does is anything close to prime. Ones a true shutdown corner, the other is Dick Sherman.
Originally posted by Niners816:
Nothing richard Sherman does is anything close to prime. Ones a true shutdown corner, the other is Dick Sherman.

On top of that, Sherman is actually intelligent enough to know he's not really in Sanders' class even if he says he is. I really don't think he's delusional enough to actually believe that. Sanders was one of the fastest players in the history of the league. He not only returned punts, but teams had to kick punts away from him because every time he fielded one, everyone on the opposing sideline had to hold their breath. And that includes when he played against the Niners. Sanders was a complete freak.
Originally posted by crake49:
On top of that, Sherman is actually intelligent enough to know he's not really in Sanders' class even if he says he is. I really don't think he's delusional enough to actually believe that. Sanders was one of the fastest players in the history of the league. He not only returned punts, but teams had to kick punts away from him because every time he fielded one, everyone on the opposing sideline had to hold their breath. And that includes when he played against the Niners. Sanders was a complete freak.

Of course. That's why Sherman is so insecure and gets super offended when fellow players across the league call him out on it. He knows he's a product of scheme, elite players around him, and the NFL flat-out ignoring the rule book on holding past 5 yards. He just doesn't want that to be known. He thinks by constantly shouting he's the best, people will believe him.

I think the act is wearing thin. If you have to constantly tell people you're the best, you're probably not. The best don't have to say anything, they just are. No bigger contrast between the two than last night watching Manning and Sherman accept their awards. One is truly the best, the other is a pretender.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jul 17, 2014 at 4:53 PM ]
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Anybody ever fathom that Shermans' hatred towards us is actually hidden jealousy? He would probably LOVE to play for us.

Overrated IMO.

They got they name up off of us. 42-13 on national TV. We had all the pub then. We were the glamour franchise in the glamour city with the glamour coach and the glamour history and legacy. SEA was an afterthought amongst NFL circles and have been for a very long time. They knew that if they could compete with us and defeat us they could make a name for themselves. They smashed us on live TV and then immediately went to yapping about it and as a result they became an "it" team. To their credit they went on from there and became Super Bowl champs but their true rise to prominence began with 42-13. The funny thing is that even though they are now champs they don't get mentioned without us being in the same sentence. I know they get tired of answering all the 49ers questions but being labeled as a "49er rival" is both the gift and the curse. Instead of answering questions about them sustaining their success they get asked over and over about us (49ers). Even though we've lost the last 3 seasons to the eventual champion we have been getting a lot of pub and making dudes household names along the way
Originally posted by susweel:
Deion was not as douchy as sherman, Deion was more entertaining he wasn't disrespectful to his opponents.

This. Spot on. I hated Deion for the way he played against us and shut down Jerry Rice. While he was confident, he wasn't the ass that Sherman is.

Plus -- Deion had and probably still has ten times more the talent than Sherman will ever have. Deion consistently shut down the game's best wide receivers and, at times, could literally take over a game.

Sherman has been schooled more times in just his first couple of years than Deion was during his entire career.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
This. Spot on. I hated Deion for the way he played against us and shut down Jerry Rice. While he was confident, he wasn't the ass that Sherman is.

Plus -- Deion had and probably still has ten times more the talent than Sherman will ever have. Deion consistently shut down the game's best wide receivers and, at times, could literally take over a game.

Sherman has been schooled more times in just his first couple of years than Deion was during his entire career.

The only teams to actually test Deion were us and Dallas. Every other team really neglected to test prime. He truly shut down half of the field.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Jul 17, 2014 at 5:30 PM ]
As cocky as Deion was, he was always likable. Sherman just rubs me the wrong way and it has nothing to do with him being a Seahawk as there are other players I like on Seattle.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Anybody ever fathom that Shermans' hatred towards us is actually hidden jealousy? He would probably LOVE to play for us.

Overrated IMO.

Our secondary isn't coached to cheat, which means Sherman would probably be low on the depth chart if he were drafted here instead of there. He simply does not have the ability to cover guys without cheating. He would be good in the red zone because of his size, but that's where it would end. I think he knows this and is very happy he is not a 49er (or a member of any other team, for that matter). Seattle is the only place he would do as well as he has (unless Pete The Cheat coached somewhere else).

Originally posted by SofaKing:
Of course. That's why Sherman is so insecure and gets super offended when fellow players across the league call him out on it. He knows he's a product of scheme, elite players around him, and the NFL flat-out ignoring the rule book on holding past 5 yards. He just doesn't want that to be known. He thinks by constantly shouting he's the best, people will believe him.

I think the act is wearing thin. If you have to constantly tell people you're the best, you're probably not. The best don't have to say anything, they just are. No bigger contrast between the two than last night watching Manning and Sherman accept their awards. One is truly the best, the other is a pretender.

A may be wrong about this, but if memory serves, I don't recall Sanders saying publically that he was the best corner in the NFL.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
They got they name up off of us. 42-13 on national TV. We had all the pub then. We were the glamour franchise in the glamour city with the glamour coach and the glamour history and legacy. SEA was an afterthought amongst NFL circles and have been for a very long time. They knew that if they could compete with us and defeat us they could make a name for themselves. They smashed us on live TV and then immediately went to yapping about it and as a result they became an "it" team. To their credit they went on from there and became Super Bowl champs but their true rise to prominence began with 42-13. The funny thing is that even though they are now champs they don't get mentioned without us being in the same sentence. I know they get tired of answering all the 49ers questions but being labeled as a "49er rival" is both the gift and the curse. Instead of answering questions about them sustaining their success they get asked over and over about us (49ers). Even though we've lost the last 3 seasons to the eventual champion we have been getting a lot of pub and making dudes household names along the way

Actually, it might help keep them from becoming complacent . . .
Seems like many of them (not just Sherman) use whatever chip they can get for motivation.
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Seems like many of them (not just Sherman) use whatever chip they can get for motivation.

We won't be complacent either as evidenced by our 3 straight runs to the NFCCG and a Super Bowl appearance mixed in there. Since Harbaugh arrived we have been a play away and we are even hungrier now to seal the deal. Especially with all the yapping we've heard from the NorthWest!
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:

We won't be complacent either as evidenced by our 3 straight runs to the NFCCG and a Super Bowl appearance mixed in there. Since Harbaugh arrived we have been a play away and we are even hungrier now to seal the deal. Especially with all the yapping we've heard from the NorthWest!

Cawkers won't shut the f**k up. Sore winners i tell ya. It doesn't make sense.

I wasn't implying that the 49'er were complacent . . .
would never expect them to be . . .
just reiterating that I don't think the Hawks are tired of hearing about the 49'ers cuz, well . . . 's all bout that action - boss!
Share 49ersWebzone