LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 186 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
If we dont have boone our chances of winningare less. Yes. I am saying that. Plus we help ourselves with a restructure long term. Win win.

you cave into the player and its a lose lose. boone is not a big key to winning the super bowl,,,, besides, the super bowl or bust theory is just silly blather in my opinion. if he wants to get paid and wants to be on the team,, then he needs to report, its simple. do you have some problem with the teams approach? do you think the rules for dealing with players should all of a sudden change for boone? i can not read your mind for gods sake
This guy is going to end up owing the Niners money
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This guy is going to end up owing the Niners money

then it would deserve him right
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vermonator:
If no agreement is reached soon, me thinks, he gets traded. According to media reports, the team has reached out to him, but he is still holding out. That's not a good sign.

Agree.
Originally posted by Giedi:
If no agreement is reached soon, me thinks, he gets traded. According to media reports, the team has reached out to him, but he is still holding out. That's not a good sign.

Agree.

Sounds like he doesn't want to be here. If we ship him I hope it's to some effed up place like Jax or Tennessee where he has practically zero chance to win. No I'm not bitter.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by Giedi:

Agree.

Sounds like he doesn't want to be here. If we ship him I hope it's to some effed up place like Jax or Tennessee where he has practically zero chance to win. No I'm not bitter.

Well if he does get shipped out, how many draft picks will we get? Because you know it'll be to stock pile picks again next year.
If we dont have boone our chances of winningare less. Yes. I am saying that. Plus we help ourselves with a restructure long term. Win win.

It's a moot point. Boone won't report and the Niners don't negotiate with players who don't report. They wouldn't even do that for Frank Gore. What is it about that you don't understand?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crake49:

It's a moot point. Boone won't report and the Niners don't negotiate with players who don't report. They wouldn't even do that for Frank Gore. What is it about that you don't understand?

jesus, crake,, you are preaching to the choir beyond brodie,,, what is is that boone does not understand ... or maybe he fully does understand it and he just does not want to be here. in that case,, f**k the f**kin f**ker
Originally posted by cciowa:
jesus, crake,, you are preaching to the choir beyond brodie,,, what is is that boone does not understand ... or maybe he fully does understand it and he just does not want to be here. in that case,, f**k the f**kin f**ker

It's just that some posters around here are pretending that the Niners should just give him what he wants. How do you do that when you can't even begin negotiations? And how can you begin negotiations if Boone is not willing to play by the same rules that Frank Gore did? That's why I've been saying that the longer this goes on, the more I'm convinced that he actually DOES want to play tackle and play tackle for another team since that's not going to happen here.
Originally posted by crake49:

My guess is the FO does nothing this year if he doesn't report. At least, I hope so. This will curb this type of action in the future. That may be one of the most important points an FO can make to show strength. I do not think they will jeopardize that position.

Oh, and although he's been one of my favorite Niners, I don't even begin to agree that losing him would heavily affect the Niners' chance of winning a championship this year. Looney already proved himself against the best pass rushing team in the league last year - no sacks, no touches and no hurries. If that's not enough to convince someone that Looney has progressed to the point where he can start at guard, I don't know what would be enough.
If looney was as good he would be playing
Not necessarily true. Kap was behind Alex when he probably could've started, Bowman was behind TKO. Point is players get an opportunity and sometimes they prove they are better than their predecessors. I hope it happens again.
[ Edited by scoobyduu24 on Aug 1, 2014 at 2:40 PM ]

A trade is still a REWARD for a hold-out.

"Oh great, you know what? If you want to be traded from the 49ers, all you have to do is not show up, they will then trade you to another team where you can negotiate a new deal." That information will deeply alter our ability to make plus deals with future players.
Originally posted by BrianGO:

A trade is still a REWARD for a hold-out.

"Oh great, you know what? If you want to be traded from the 49ers, all you have to do is not show up, they will then trade you to another team where you can negotiate a new deal." That information will deeply alter our ability to make plus deals with future players.

Depends where you trade him...Seattle, NYG, Denver...or Minnesota, Buffalo, Miami.
Share 49ersWebzone