LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 156 users in the forums

The Alex Boone Thread!!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Boone won't even START if he plays like he did last year. He AND VD s/h given money BACK to the organization for their "play" last year. That said, I can't wait to see if our current coaching staff actually evaluates play by the OL and makes some personnel changes...holds them accountable instead of leaving them out there to look like ass and get their 100M QB killed.

boone is such a better tackle its crazy.

I could not agree more...esp. if we move to a ZBS.
It wouldn't surprise me to see Boone extended. It's pretty clear that he is emerging as a leader on the team and some writer did mention that Baalke has a soft spot for the guy.
I don't want to see this guy extended. He played like s**t last year
i wonder if he be moving to the left side now with the departure of Iupati..
Originally posted by kazak13:
i wonder if he be moving to the left side now with the departure of Iupati..

I'd hope the coaching staff considers several personnel moves esp. as we transition to the ZBS.
Given he'll be a FA after this season, I doubt they'd move him from RG to LG...besides, Brandon Thomas was drafted with the thought that he'd replace Iupati, which I still expect will happen.
This dude should just STFU last yr he told the media there wasnt any issue in this locker room about it being toxic & everybody was behind Harbaugh but now that the season is over & Harbaugh is gone now he wants to make a complete 360 n throw Harbaugh underneath the bus. WHAT A EFFN HYPOCRITE.

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nfl/san-francisco-49ers/article18933750.html
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
This dude should just STFU last yr he told the media there wasnt any issue in this locker room about it being toxic & everybody was behind Harbaugh but now that the season is over & Harbaugh is gone now he wants to make a complete 360 n throw Harbaugh underneath the bus. WHAT A EFFN HYPOCRITE.

Channeling verb and sus…. What was he supposed to say?
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:

Yup boone is lying
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yup boone is lying

Well I meant more last year, but however anyone wants to interpret it its all good. 11 days till some new sh*t to talk about

Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yup boone is lying

Well I meant more last year, but however anyone wants to interpret it its all good. 11 days till some new sh*t to talk about
oh..but still if Verb/Sus can't believe this ..can they !?!
  • dj43

I think there were inklings of what Boone said going on last season. There were also reports from San Diego that he (JH) "cast a large shadow." Others said he "wore people out." Numerous writers suggested that he "had a short shelf life." Boone was just stating the obvious now.

Boone was being a good company man last season by defending JH but there comes a time when you just look stupid being a "company man" when everyone can see what is going on.

Baalke and York "moved away" from Harbaugh when it became obvious he was over-matched in the pro game.

Good riddance. People need to quit fretting about Harbaugh. Tomsula has more pro experience and a pro resume behind his enthusiasm unlike Harbaugh. If Kaepernick can play, this team will win more games than last season, and in this division, that will be an accomplishment.

Let the games begin.
Originally posted by dj43:

I think there were inklings of what Boone said going on last season. There were also reports from San Diego that he (JH) "cast a large shadow." Others said he "wore people out." Numerous writers suggested that he "had a short shelf life." Boone was just stating the obvious now.

Boone was being a good company man last season by defending JH but there comes a time when you just look stupid being a "company man" when everyone can see what is going on.

Baalke and York "moved away" from Harbaugh when it became obvious he was over-matched in the pro game.

Good riddance. People need to quit fretting about Harbaugh. Tomsula has more pro experience and a pro resume behind his enthusiasm unlike Harbaugh. If Kaepernick can play, this team will win more games than last season, and in this division, that will be an accomplishment.

Let the games begin.

Can you repeat the bolded for me one more time?
I think that most of us consider that common knowledge, but surprisingly not everyone remembers that.
Probably the best take I've seen on the matter
Regardless if Boone is right or wrong he should follow rule #1 from Goodfellas, keep your mouth shut.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Originally posted by dj43:

Let the games begin.

Can you repeat the bolded for me one more time?
I think that most of us consider that common knowledge, but surprisingly not everyone remembers that.
Probably the best take I've seen on the matter

In Harbaughs defense, every year 31 other coaches are over-matched in the pro game when its Super Bowl or bust.

I am not saying Harbs was perfect, but I definitely appreciate the success he had with us. Especially when I reminisce about the 8 years before he arrived.
Share 49ersWebzone