There are 211 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
harelson can play if we need him to, lemonier is gonna be a stud, cam johnson has been with the club a couple years and was looking good before he was hurt

None of them are even close to Ahmad Brooks. Brooks is one of the best OLBs in the league, he was our best defensive player in the playoffs last season.
Brooks not charged
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Brooks not charged

He can still be charged, theyre still making a decision.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Not expecting anything more than a fine and some community service.

Not with Goodell as the commissioner. He's getting suspended if charged.
This
All I can say is thank you, God. And the DA also.
Whew.
Good enough. We need his dumb ass.
Its interesting how many people have already passed such harsh judgement on someone who has stayed out of trouble since joining the team up until now. I dont remember Aldon getting bashed this bad last offseason. Oh well some people are sinners and some people like to believe there saints......
Originally posted by NTeply49:
Just a hair under spousal abuse. Your team is your family. I know it's not murder, but the dude did beat the s**t out of a team mate who was giving him a ride home to prevent another Aldon Smith situation which is what team mates, friends, and family should do. What you should not do is beat the s**t of the guy who drives you home when your too drunk to handle, and definitely don't threaten that person with a gun. I don't care how good you are at football, I wish the league would all agree that the world is better without people who act like this while making millions dollars and that the players should be held to a higher standard and accountable for their actions. At the end of the day it is just a game and there is no room in this world for unnecessary violence, we have enough of that as it is. Wish the league would let you release players like this without the fear of another team or a division rival picking them up, because you know Seattle would be like, "Potential jail time? We want him!", and sign him the next day. I know in high school that if I got in a fight, I would miss some school time, and a few games if they would allow me to stay on the team at least. If I had ever beaten the crap out of someone with a bottle and threatened to get my gun because I was too drunk to control myself, I don't think I would ever play, and nor would I deserve to. I know it's a bad example, but I feel like NFL players get way too much slack, and I hope we don't continue that trend. Brooks needs some help, before he turns into Aaron Hernandez.

Can agree with what you have said and especially where you say your team is like your family. Maybe not so much but maybe enough to the point where you look out for one another and to where if your little bro attacks you with a bottle, chair, etc do you leave him be or "subdue" him or do you press charges for felony assault or not? Do you consider what is at stake for both of you or one of you? I can agree with any of the above actions but I also believe in decisiveness. You need to assess what your relationship is with one another and act accordingly. This whole thing has been strange to me. Do we need babysitters for these guys? or maybe they need to move their mommas in with them.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Can agree with what you have said and especially where you say your team is like your family. Maybe not so much but maybe enough to the point where you look out for one another and to where if your little bro attacks you with a bottle, chair, etc do you leave him be or "subdue" him or do you press charges for felony assault or not? Do you consider what is at stake for both of you or one of you? I can agree with any of the above actions but I also believe in decisiveness. You need to assess what your relationship is with one another and act accordingly. This whole thing has been strange to me. Do we need babysitters for these guys? or maybe they need to move their mommas in with them.

I agree, I also dont agree three stitches really qualifies as beating the s**t out of someone.

Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
So good, he'll smack you upside the head with a glass bottle, son.

lol
I again think this situation has been blown way out of proportion, and thanks to the continued media coverage is getting the knee jerk reactions one would expect. Had this happened in Brooks home same fight same damage etc, it would be a non story, because no one would have ever heard about it.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
I again think this situation has been blown way out of proportion, and thanks to the continued media coverage is getting the knee jerk reactions one would expect. Had this happened in Brooks home same fight same damage etc, it would be a non story, because no one would have ever heard about it.

This.

The more I think about it the more this because a non-story. It isn't like he assaulted a random person on the street. Who knows how this went down. It could have started out in a joking manner, Ahmad gave him a little shove, Divens shoved back and it escalated from there. Brooks was drunk. Now he shouldn't have smashed him in the head with a bottle but we do stupid things when we are drunk. I think people are hanging on the gun comment to much. You don't know how it was said or with what intent.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
This.

The more I think about it the more this because a non-story. It isn't like he assaulted a random person on the street. Who knows how this went down. It could have started out in a joking manner, Ahmad gave him a little shove, Divens shoved back and it escalated from there. Brooks was drunk. Now he shouldn't have smashed him in the head with a bottle but we do stupid things when we are drunk. I think people are hanging on the gun comment to much. You don't know how it was said or with what intent.

Smashed him in the head with a bottle could very well be an innaccurate description also. It was stated earlier about how a split eyebrow could get three stiches and it doesnt take alot of force to split an eyebrow. Also with Brooks rather large size and nfl level strength if he was hitting him in an uncontrollable rage like everyone tries to make it sound doesnt anyone else think chances are the beer bottle actually breaks? Im not trying to say Ahmad is innocent of anything and shouldnt be punished. But I think the harm done and violence in his stupidity has been highly exagurrated. Like I said had this happened in Ahmads home, its a non story and would be handled by the organization the way it should, just like two siblings that got into a fight.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Smashed him in the head with a bottle could very well be an innaccurate description also. It was stated earlier about how a split eyebrow could get three stiches and it doesnt take alot of force to split an eyebrow. Also with Brooks rather large size and nfl level strength if he was hitting him in an uncontrollable rage like everyone tries to make it sound doesnt anyone else think chances are the beer bottle actually breaks? Im not trying to say Ahmad is innocent of anything and shouldnt be punished. But I think the harm done and violence in his stupidity has been highly exagurrated. Like I said had this happened in Ahmads home, its a non story and would be handled by the organization the way it should, just like two siblings that got into a fight.

Yes. I thought I was the only one who was crazy on this site but I am pleased that there are others here that had sometimes violent fights laced with expletives with friends or family but never had the law enforcement involved. Bruises, cuts, stitches and the like are par for the course but you live to play another day. You don't however with a felony assault charge
Share 49ersWebzone