LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 254 users in the forums

How is Ahmad Brooks?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by susweel:
my dude brooks in good shape

My man. Good to see him fit and working hard. We'll need all the rotation we can get.
Originally posted by Alfienator:
Originally posted by ToryNixon:
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by susweel:
my dude brooks in good shape

that him in back?
if that is a player i do not know who it is... probably just one of the many white coaches we have
Looks like Aaron lynch

That is Aaron Lynch. If you look at his Instagram, he's wearing the same cross necklace.

Yup, Aaron Lynch is clean cut now and posted it on his IG. Looks like they are doing OLB position drills
Originally posted by All22:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
here's what I've been thinking.

No doubt we're in a huge rebuild.

The inactivity on FA is a clear sign Trent wants to rebuild through the draft.

Why keep Brooks and his salary when we can play these other guys and draftees on the field to get experience and see who can really play?

I don't really care if Brooks is better than them - if we're rebuilding then lets go all-in.

We certainly won't miss his leadership which is an overused excuse.

Play the younger guys and they'll either get better or we get new guys.

It's not 2012 anymore and we no longer have the luxury of having a legendary linebacking core. Right now we are a better team with him playing than with an extra bit of capspace we aren't going to use.

My point is, it doesn't matter if we're better w/him.

We're in rebuild and not going to Super Bowl or IMO even to the playoffs.

IMO, it's better to improve our young guys by getting them valuable game experience and will be here for the long haul.

Look how Trent Brown and Tiller were improving after every game.

Our young guys won't get better riding the pine.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Not good enough to be the 4th highest paid player on the team.

Kap
Bowman
Staley
Brooks
T. Smith
Bethea

Those are the only players on our team making over $4m this year.

people wonder why we suck
If this guy can keeps his emotions in check and stop with all the dumb penalties that would be great. I've always liked Brooks. He's a solid rotational guy at the stage, but one we need.
Originally posted by SoCold:
Not good enough to be the 4th highest paid player on the team.

Kap
Bowman
Staley
Brooks
T. Smith
Bethea

Those are the only players on our team making over $4m this year.

people wonder why we suck

You mean the 6th youngest team is all on their rookie contracts? Odd.

But yeah, I was not happy with the FA outcome even if I get the draft and develop comment.
This guy looks like a fine specimen of which Barry would be proud to call a friend
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

If he actually bends over and tackles him the right way we play Seattle at SF that year.
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by SoCold:
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:

If he actually bends over and tackles him the right way we play Seattle at SF that year.

That's only a penalty cause it happened to Breesus...

• 9moon
  • Veteran
it's been over 3 years now since we've tryied to replace Brooks... and yet, the promising players that's been drafted have yet to replaced the guy..

it's also been 3 years now since I've told everyone here that he's our best PASS RUSHER BAR NONE!!!

Not even " Aldrunk Smith when he's game is on and is unstoppable " is better than Brooks.
Depending on who we draft this year, I would like to see Brooks placed besides Bowman. Especially we draft a rush LB, or even if they go after Myles Jack. Because of his athleticism, Jack might be able to do some damage from the outside-maybe even make Jack and Brooks bounce around and switch to cause confusion. Brooks might be a better option at ILB than what is there now.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Outside or Inside, Brooks will do well wherever he's asked to play.. that's how good he is.. he may not be a DOMINANT FORCE, but the guy has been very very good for us.. Im not even sure where the word INCONSISTENT fall under him.. when he drops into coverage, he gets INTs, when he rushes the passer, he gets the sacks..

Also remember that he was ALL-ACC inside LB as a freshman or sophomore before switching position (OLB), so personally, I think that he'll do well even if moved inside..
Originally posted by WildBill:
Depending on who we draft this year, I would like to see Brooks placed besides Bowman. Especially we draft a rush LB, or even if they go after Myles Jack. Because of his athleticism, Jack might be able to do some damage from the outside-maybe even make Jack and Brooks bounce around and switch to cause confusion. Brooks might be a better option at ILB than what is there now.

dont think hes nearly big enough with the long arms baalke requires
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Share 49ersWebzone