LISTEN: 49ers Drafted For Now And The Future →

There are 123 users in the forums

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

Shop 49ers game tickets

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

More and more I think the Rams are building up for 2016 and 2015 is a throwaway year for STL.
Originally posted by ArizonaBlue:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Rams drafted OT Isaiah battle in fifth round of supplemental draft. If our new motto is "winning with class", theirs must be "winning with no class."

I actually had to look up the rules on the supp draft for this. (yes, I did not know them).

So, we grab him as a 5th right now, red shirt him as a member of our roster and lose a 5th next year. He plays in 2016. Still not really clear - anyone want to give me more info?

and, yes ninerjok: it is fun to make jokes. My joke is: hey, the Rams winning??!!! I'll take whatever glass that's served in. Haven't had one in a decade or so.

Correct, the Rams lose their first pick in the 5th round of 2016 draft. It remains to be seen whether Battle contributes immediately or not till 2016 and beyond. That's completely up to him and his coaches but he came with character issues.
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Correct, the Rams lose their first pick in the 5th round of 2016 draft. It remains to be seen whether Battle contributes immediately or not till 2016 and beyond. That's completely up to him and his coaches but he came with character issues.

He can't play until 2016 tho, right?

I keep seeing it's like he is in college for 2015. Tho, he has to be on the 53, no PS.
[ Edited by ArizonaBlue on Jul 14, 2015 at 3:28 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran

How are the winters over there jrg?

Would people go watch a 4-12 team in the snow?
I was there for the early December game when the Rams beat the Niners in 2012 and the weather was pretty good. It was warm enough to walk around without needing a coat that weekend and would've been fine for an outdoor game.

The STL fans had better go watch the team in the snow if they build that stadium. Else, why do it. I've been to snow game in Philly - was fun.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
How are the winters over there jrg?

Would people go watch a 4-12 team in the snow?

Pretty cold. Single digit temps. I don't see many 4-12 seasons in the Rams future though.

I think they would show up. Especially at first because it is something new.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Missouri board approves $15 million in tax credits for St. Louis stadium

link
Was a fun Rams camp in Oxnard this week - was great to see so many Rams fans everywhere.

Then today there was a closed practice at a high school nearby that they let some of us attend. Fisher came over afterwards to say hi to the fans, he seemed pretty happy being in LA.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
That stadium has no chance of being built.

Now will it be the Raiders or Chargers joining the Rams in LA next year?

Doug Vaughn Verified account ‏@DVaughn_CBS920

Terry Bradshaw "Rams are 100 percent gone." He says all the Fox guys are hearing they're moving. Ouch.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by jrg:

link

oh nice stadium too bad its never gonna built.
Originally posted by jrg:

link

The Jags logo/colors should look good in that stadium

Check this group out... .
Originally posted by SFVNiner:

Check this group out... .

That group was a great part of the over 5k fans at Oxnard. Was awesome to see so many (LA) Rams fans....when I go to games in St. Louis, I never see such Rams love. It's like spending all your time with fans of whomever the Rams are playing. Sucks.

For example: Today's game looked like it was in Pittsburgh. Terrible Towels all over the audience at every time the camera panned to fans.

So, your point is what?
[ Edited by ArizonaBlue on Sep 28, 2015 at 2:49 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone