There are 263 users in the forums

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

Shop 49ers game tickets

BRING BACK THE LOS ANGELES RAMS?

Yes, there are now 3 stadium proposals. STL, Inglewood and now the Chargers/Raiders joint venture in Carson.
Originally posted by RedAlice:
Yes, there are now 3 stadium proposals. STL, Inglewood and now the Chargers/Raiders joint venture in Carson.

true but the chargers and raiders are just using carson as leverage where everybody knows the rams are coming back to LA.even the st louis media who were saying a year ago that his land purcahse from last year was just for leverage,are now coming to grips with reality and now no longer believe they will be in st louis after this year.
amazing that there are actually people on this forum voting AGAINST them coming back.I understand wanting the raiders to move back there but come on,the Rams moving out of LA was a travesty of justice.thats like the yankees leaving new york for the midwest.

anyways,if at all interested,people should take a look at this video here.very informative stuff gets interesting at the 4:00 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6AQdqEgt4Q

also check this one out as well.gets very interesting and informative starting at the 6:20 mark.

[ Edited by mrmontana on Mar 19, 2015 at 2:39 PM ]
Originally posted by mrmontana:
Originally posted by RedAlice:

true but the chargers and raiders are just using carson as leverage where everybody knows the rams are coming back to LA.even the st louis media who were saying a year ago that his land purcahse from last year was just for leverage,are now coming to grips with reality and now no longer believe they will be in st louis after this year.

My dream, hope, want and desire is my babies back home near me.

However, it is not so simple. "Everybody" does not know. Many hope. Many hope for the opposite, with good cause - I personally cannot blame the true STL fans for loving their team. Respect the few.

STL is putting up a good fight for what it is. The online fans seem sincere - when I am in STL (was there two weeks ago) - I see zero support from the many people I talk to there - and I spend a lot of time asking every single person I meet there what their opinion is. But I get shut down saying that online and yelled at. There is a lot of support from those who post online in STL.

Kroenke has made actions, but no statements. Jerry Jones fully supports him more than he has publicly said and believes that Kroenke can move the team no matter what the NFL says.

Peacock and Nixon in STL intend to follow through with their stadium plan funded b public money from STL tax payers in the way of an extension of the Dome bonds. They believe that if they do this then Rams stay, as Eric Grubman ( the NFL rep in charge of the move to LA) has stated that if they build a stadium then they own their own destiny.

San Diego may get this done - or else I am just affected by the fans I live by and their desire. I see no reason that STL is arrogant enough to think that they are better than San Diego in wanting to keep the home team. But, their fans do. STL fans are happy happy happy to let SD fans lose their team, though complain that they might lose theirs.

I currently see it all with no answer and a lot to be decided. I would like to know where my team will be, as i love them heart and soul regardless.
[ Edited by RedAlice on Mar 19, 2015 at 3:02 PM ]
Originally posted by mrmontana:
amazing that there are actually people on this forum voting AGAINST them coming back.I understand wanting the raiders to move back there but come on,the Rams moving out of LA was a travesty of justice.thats like the yankees leaving new york for the midwest.

anyways,if at all interested,people should take a look at this video here.very informative stuff gets interesting at the 4:00 minute mark.

also check this one out as well.gets very interesting and informative starting at the 6:20 mark.

Go look up any single thing my Shane G. Or many other STL media. You are not correct.
Positive progress. From the LA times:

Stan Kroenke won't be empty handed this week when he arrives at the NFL owners meetings in Arizona.

The St. Louis Rams owner will be packing finished schematic plans for the world's most interactive and integrated football stadium, a futuristic, $1.86-billion, privately financed venue proposed for the Hollywood Park site in Inglewood.

Kroenke is not quite ready to put a shovel in the ground, but the major pieces of the project are now fully drawn, allowing the global sports and real estate billionaire to show the small army of architects and engineers at his disposal have made significant progress.

Representatives of Kroenke and HKS, the architecture firm he's employed, met with the Los Angeles Times recently in San Francisco to provide a first look at the detailed plans.

The timing of the meeting — days before the NFL convenes Monday at the Arizona Biltmore resort — wasn't coincidental. The league's owners will ultimately decide when and where the nation's No. 1 sport returns to its No. 2 market.

http://touch.latimes.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-83117878/
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Once upon a time, i was really excited at the possibility of watching my 9ers once a year play in LA. Now............................IDGAF!

[ Edited by ChazBoner on Mar 22, 2015 at 7:14 AM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
I'm for it just because I hate domes and I like seeing the Superbowl on the west coast, playing the first half in the the daylight etc.
Niners-Rams was one of the best rivalries in football for decades because of the proximity - SoCal VS Nocal. I'd love to have that back again and the NFC West would be a perfectly constructed division. Northwest, Southwest, Northern Cal and Southern Cal - all clearly the West.

That's gonna be a loud stadium.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Jakemall:

unlike the open air mall in santa clara

Lol, because LA fans are known for being really supportive and boisterous.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

They are when they're winning lol
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

They can borrow Seattle's sound system...

Potentially but it'll depend on the type of crowd and fan base they'll (Rams? Chargers?) attract.

One things for sure though: if/when this place gets built, Levi's will easily be the blandest, amateurish looking stadium in the division. And it only opened a year ago.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Mar 24, 2015 at 8:39 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone