There are 258 users in the forums

**General NFL Discussion Thread**

Shop 49ers game tickets
Maybe they kick the tires on a guy like Helu or Hightower from Washington. Not sure if the Texans would move Tate. Perhaps the Bills move Spiller for the right price? Blount from Tampa Bay?

I like the Ivory idea. Saints have an army of RBs.
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
I'll trade them all of our RBs for Calvin Johnson.

Sorry Gore.

yup me too lol

LOL 'run-first' team exchanges all of its RBs for a blue chip WR that will constantly be overthrown.
dixon for CJ

BOOM
No team in their right mind would ever trade a defensive tackle of Suhs caliber for a running back.
You would have to think they would be looking to give up picks coz they don't have that many players that are really desirable. Stafford, Megatron, Pettigrew, Suh and Delmas are the only ones worth a pinch of sh1t imo. There other DT's arent bad but Oline is crud, WR's only good coz Johnson is such a beast, LBs meh, secondary was turrible.
trade the rock to them for chris houston.
[ Edited by niner4ever12 on Aug 28, 2012 at 10:53 PM ]
We are not going to get CJ, of course, but Dixon for a decent lineman would be interesting
Anthony Dixon for a 6th rounder is realistic.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Maybe not CJ, but trading Gore, Kaep and a 1st for Suh would make our defense absolutely insane and even more unstoppable than it is.
Originally posted by Ether:
Maybe not CJ, but trading Gore, Kaep and a 1st for Suh would make our defense absolutely insane and even more unstoppable than it is.

Put yourself in their shoes. Would you make this trade?

No.

• Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Ether:

Put yourself in their shoes. Would you make this trade?

No.

Not only that, I don't want Suh and I don't think he'd make the team any better than it is.

Calvin Johnson or nothing.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I still don't really understand this move from the rams perspective. Somebody explain this. Hunter looks awful and is older, Smith is supposed to be better. I don't get it. It helps us, I think, so I am all for it, just puzzling.

This

Simple:

Cap move for Rams. Plus, their OC worked with Hunter as a swing tackle/jumbo TE with the Jets.

Jets ditch a scapegoat and hope Smith pulls a Maybin.

Both teams felt the players would benefit from a change in scenery.

It's really not a crazy move and it's only newsworthy because one player was getting bashed by the media in NY and the other was a former #2 pick.
[ Edited by 16to87 on Aug 29, 2012 at 5:35 AM ]
Lions need a running back,but their money is CJ
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
Anthony Dixon for a 6th rounder is realistic.

a 6th in 2014 or a 7th in 2013 for Dixon or Rock Cartwright, I could care less who gets shipped off.
Share 49ersWebzone