There are 284 users in the forums

Mendenhall Maybe Out in Pittsburgh

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/19/mendenhall-may-have-played-last-snap-as-a-steeler/

If released should we go after him?
You know how it works around here.

get heem.
pittsburgh doing everything possible to get ready to match any offer to wallace
As long as he doesn't hump Smith while winning the NFC Championship we should sign him
the reason they would release him is because he hasn't performed to expectations and is coming off a major injury. Pass.
he is a VERY GOOD BACK and it would be foolish for them to let him go IMO
Originally posted by HessianDud:
the reason they would release him is because he hasn't performed to expectations and is coming off a major injury. Pass.

Yes, and may miss 2012.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
he tore his ACL doe
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

Yes, and may miss 2012.

this. He wont even be fully healthy until the backend of next season, sign him in FA next year if anything.
he may be out of NFL if that injury is serious enough

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
he may be out of NFL if that injury is serious enough

Fast Wille is out of the nfl after Tomlin "rode his wheels off" lol. I think Tomlin will continue to churn through #1 RBs in 4 year year increments now that the position is so devalued.
would be a beast...............in

madden
I haven't been a fan of Mendenhall since the draft. It seems like he's been a bit of an underachiever in Pittsburgh. Was there a significant drop in production when he went out with his ACL injury last season?
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YungAce:
I haven't been a fan of Mendenhall since the draft. It seems like he's been a bit of an underachiever in Pittsburgh. Was there a significant drop in production when he went out with his ACL injury last season?

hardly. the team was more affected by Mewelde Moore's late season injury then Mendenhall's. Isaac Redman basically kept things going according to the status quo.

In the 2 games that he played as Mendenhall's replacement (Mendenhall went down in the 1st quarter of week 17 if i remember correctly) he ran for 92 yards on 19 carries with 1 TD also caught 3 passes for 18 yards against Cleveland and against Denver in the playoffs the next week he ran for 121 yards on 17 carries and also caught 2 passes for 21 yards.

Those 2 games were Redman's first chances at being the #1 workhorse and he took advantage of it. IMHO if Redman and John Clay play even slightly above average during 2012 Mendenhall wont be retained.

I've beat it to death in the Mike Wallace threads but I'm also a fairly avid Steelers fan, I watch both 9er and Steeler games on Sundays and IMHO Redman is a better back then Mendenhall is. Even in limited action he impresses me more from a blocking and blitz pickup standpoint as well as receiving on top of simply being a better runner (at least for Pitts system).
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 19, 2012 at 11:31 PM ]
Injury completely aside, Mendenhall is not a good running back. Great situation, limited skills. No thanks.
Share 49ersWebzone