There are 225 users in the forums

Saints ran a 'Bounty' Program - Now with 100% More Suspensions!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by valrod33:
No I didnt, I said you are crazy if you dont think the Saints are gonna be penalized hard for this, all indications point to the Saints being punished way more than what the Patriots got for spygate.

Like I said, we'll see.
Originally posted by ninertico:
4. Saints owner Tom Benson gave immediate and full cooperation to the investigators. The evidence conclusively established that Mr. Benson was not aware of the bounty program. When informed earlier this year of the new information, Mr. Benson advised league staff that he had directed his general manager, Mickey Loomis, to ensure that any bounty program be discontinued immediately. The evidence showed that Mr. Loomis did not carry out Mr. Benson's directions. Similarly, when the initial allegations were discussed with Mr. Loomis in 2010, he denied any knowledge of a bounty program and pledged that he would ensure that no such program was in place. There is no evidence that Mr. Loomis took any effective action to stop these practices.

OMG! A GM willfully and purposefully negated the directions of his owner. That's so huge! Never mind Williams for a sec. The GM had full knowledge and did nothing to stop it. This is a terminating offense, IMO. Loomis completely and individually derailed their franchise. This is so huge!!!!

Goodell better not flaub this one like he did Spygate. There should have been more done to NE. We will see how he handles this.

Karma is pissed!!!

Sean Peyton was aware of it too and did nothing to stop it
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
they'll just dump it all on Williams. Saints will wash their hands of it.

and why is it bad that he's on the Rams now? IDGAF, bring it beeeotch! No defense knocked more RB's out of the game than the 2011 Niners.

they can't legal documents already state that GM Mickey Loomis, HC Sean Payton, Gregg Williams, and several other saints employees were aware of the bounty program and let it continue, Williams did directly contribute money to the fund however.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 2, 2012 at 2:33 PM ]
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
somehow i think it's a little naive to think this is the only bounty program in the league. nevertheless, now as it is exposed and their seems to be clear evidence, they should really punish them roughly.

Im sure it happens on other teams but the Saints got caught and they are gonna be made an example of
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AlmighT49er:
somehow i think it's a little naive to think this is the only bounty program in the league. nevertheless, now as it is exposed and their seems to be clear evidence, they should really punish them roughly.

Im sure it happens on other teams but the Saints got caught and they are gonna be made an example of

Yea even Kurt Warner has gone on recored today and says he believes it goes on all over the league.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I wonder if Mickey Loomis opted not to renew GW's contract in hopes of deflecting the damage on Williams. Like...

"See look we got rid of him! It's all okay now! Please don't punish us!"
i'm glad this is happening to them and not us. i can pretty much guarantee we have something going here like this, probably not dumbass like the saints where its all over the org and easy to track down.

lulz 'aints!!!
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
John Clayton via Twitter: With the fact that the Saints Bounty went for three years, the penalty will end up being worse than what was giving for Spygate. You'd also have to think that some coaches will receive suspensions of a game or two.
Peter King ‏ @SI_PeterKing
RT @JeffDuncanTP: Gregg Williams (contd.): The bounty program was "a terrible mistake, and we knew it was wrong while we were doing it."

Peter King ‏ @SI_PeterKing
"Instead of getting caught up in it, I should have stopped it.''

What a tool Williams is...."we knew it was wrong..." What an idiot to say that.

Still, I want to know what the Rams and Fisher are going to deal with this. Williams will be suspended for sure, maybe the whole year. It will be severe for sure.
Originally posted by LloydsKittyKat:
i'm glad this is happening to them and not us. i can pretty much guarantee we have something going here like this, probably not dumbass like the saints where its all over the org and easy to track down.

lulz 'aints!!!

id lose a lot of respect for the niner orginization if they do have something like that

Originally posted by okdkid:
John Clayton via Twitter: With the fact that the Saints Bounty went for three years, the penalty will end up being worse than what was giving for Spygate. You'd also have to think that some coaches will receive suspensions of a game or two.

Just a game or two? Oh hell nah! That would be a travesty!

Williams should be suspended for half the season at least...it was three years he did it even when he was aware of being investigated. That takes some cohones to thumb your nose right at the NFL authority.

I believe the penalties will be huge.

They better be!
[ Edited by ninertico on Mar 2, 2012 at 2:41 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

lulz 'aints!!!

id lose a lot of respect for the niner orginization if they do have something like that

i can damn near guarantee you that it's going on at some level. it may be as simple as a pool among the starters, probably not as sophisticated as what was going on with the saints. i've played hockey, football, and basketball anywhere from league to college level and this type of s**t was in almost every locker room. never had coaches involved but i know that happens. this is getting attention because of the sheer depth it goes to. dumb dumb dumb of the saints to do it like this. everyone does it, only morons get caught.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

lulz 'aints!!!

our guys are old school, I doubt we have anything like this, we're more about pride. But I wouldn't rule it out, I'd be ashamed if we did.

lulz 'aints!!!

That's a stupid ass statement man. I don't think you know how the 49ers conduct business by making such stupid statements.
Originally posted by ninertico:
Just a game or two? Oh hell nah! That would be a travesty!

Williams should be suspended for half the season at least...it was three years he did it even when he was aware of being investigated. That takes some cohones to thumb your nose right at the NFL authority.

I believe the penalties will be huge.

They better be!

disagree. i want greg williams working his awful defense against every opponent next year. that defense is complete trash and he's way too agressive. viva the rams losing.
Share 49ersWebzone