There are 214 users in the forums

Chargers HC Norv Turner to be Fired

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
That's a good job for whatever new coach that comes in. They already have a franchise QB.
Originally posted by susweel:
That's a good job for whatever new coach that comes in. They already have a franchise QB.

Didn't they have him when Norv got there too?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I see 2 situations happening there...it will be another former NFL head coach, my best guess will be Cowher or Jeff Fisher.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Ajanke:

Didn't they have him when Norv got there too?

Yah but Norv is a s**tty hc, oc is his calling.

He sure isnt playing like a franchise QB this year.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
Adam Schefter: San Diego Union-Tribune reports Chargers HC Norv Turner will be fired at the end of the season and GM A.J. Smith could join him.

While I also enjoy watching Turner fall on his face after bailing on us, I'd be equally happy to see A.J. Smith dumped, too. I think that guy is a total asshat.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

He sure isnt playing like a franchise QB this year.

Yah not this year.
A.J. Smith is a joke of a GM. I couldn't believe he was still there after some of the horrendous picks he made. Specifically, the horrific reach and complete bust of a pick they did with Larry English a few years ago.
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Adam Schefter: San Diego Union-Tribune reports Chargers HC Norv Turner will be fired at the end of the season and GM A.J. Smith could join him.

While I also enjoy watching Turner fall on his face after bailing on us, I'd be equally happy to see A.J. Smith dumped, too. I think that guy is a total asshat.

agreed
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Schefter is jumping the shark before our eyes.

I have a surprise name to add to the coaching candidate list for the San Diego Boltheads:

Jeff Tedford

No -- his star isn't as bright as it once was -- although he's got Cal back into the bowl picture again. He should have left the Golden Bears five years ago when he was at the top of his game. He could have picked any one of numerous destinations, but much to the delight of Cal Bear fans (many of whom have since called for his head) he decided to stick around.

Tedford would revitalize the QB career of Phillip Rivers. And his penchant for selecting running backs (he's put a few of those into the NFL) ain't half bad. He runs a pro style offense at Cal that would transfer well over to San Diego.

And he can be had for much less coin than Bill Cowshyte (plus, I think he's better than Cowshyte).

My two pennies
  • dj43
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Janitor:
Adam is just now figuring out what everyone else in the world already knew.

Yes! Good OC though

Mediocre OC, IMO. He got all his cred working with a LOADED Dallas team. Hard to fail there. He did nothing in Washington and very little in Oakland.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
New SD HC to be Vic Fangio

you are fake a 49ers fan? you are trying lost our head assist? stop about threat our head assist!

Buzz......I has a disappoint. Thin skin much.

You guys wouldn't be so pissed off if you didn't think it was at least a possibility. You're scared, I'm not, hence the joke. Gee whiz.

dude!!! I worry about lost our head assist or players cuz u gave us lost and get loss games if u like that? that mean clear you are a fake 49ers fans! You can joke other teams about joke and lost them! Please don't talking about our head assist or players.. I am happy that 49ers are team look good and keep strong to ready get the championship.. So you don't want the 49ers get a chamionship? then u better get out of here!! seriously...
Originally posted by luv49rs:

you are fake a 49ers fan? you are trying lost our head assist? stop about threat our head assist!

Your welcome!

Buzz......I has a disappoint. Thin skin much.

You guys wouldn't be so pissed off if you didn't think it was at least a possibility. You're scared, I'm not, hence the joke. Gee whiz.

dude!!! I worry about lost our head assist or players cuz u gave us lost and get loss games if u like that? that mean clear you are a fake 49ers fans! You can joke other teams about joke and lost them! Please don't talking about our head assist or players.. I am happy that 49ers are team look good and keep strong to ready get the championship.. So you don't want the 49ers get a chamionship? then u better get out of here!! seriously...

Share 49ersWebzone