LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 159 users in the forums

Desean Jackson...a 49er in 2012?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
What's the point of bringing him in if the QB wont throw him the ball consistent basis .............as long as Smith is the QB we will never have a true #1 receiver he spreads the ball around every game...........we seen what having a true #1 receiver leads to HINT HINT........ Braylon Edwards, he'll prob start b*tching n acting up the min that Smith starts throwing elsewhere..........Unless we get a QB that averages 300 yards per game we are better of with the cast we have already

The Niners do not have any WRs with speed or can get separation on a consistent basis. It is a serious need and must be addressed if this offense is to get any better. Braylon Edwards isnt close to being a #1 WR.

.......Ginn

LOL I should have said a QUALITY DEPENDABLE wr with speed and who can get separation. Ginn should only see the field as a kick returner.

from what I'm reading Jackson isn't doing much better
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
What's the point of bringing him in if the QB wont throw him the ball consistent basis .............as long as Smith is the QB we will never have a true #1 receiver he spreads the ball around every game...........we seen what having a true #1 receiver leads to HINT HINT........ Braylon Edwards, he'll prob start b*tching n acting up the min that Smith starts throwing elsewhere..........Unless we get a QB that averages 300 yards per game we are better of with the cast we have already

The Niners do not have any WRs with speed or can get separation on a consistent basis. It is a serious need and must be addressed if this offense is to get any better. Braylon Edwards isnt close to being a #1 WR.

.......Ginn

LOL I should have said a QUALITY DEPENDABLE wr with speed and who can get separation. Ginn should only see the field as a kick returner.

from what I'm reading Jackson isn't doing much better

Kyle is pretty damn fast he just needs more playing time plus he's not a distraction like Jackson & he's already on the team.........why waste money on a player like Jax i dont think hes worth it
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I'd rather throw that cash at Luck so that he'll decline to play for anyone but the niners.
Don't want D.Jax, dude needs to mature, maybe harbaugh could calm him down. He might not want to come here, because he won't get enough touches, if I were him I'd want to go to the pats or something.
Originally posted by maximill15:
He is afraid of getting hit, he alligator armed multiple passes across the middle! Diva ass afraid to get hit

that is true!! he is weak on the middle that he was very afraid of getting hit when he don't catch the TD cuz he saw guy close to him that he was afraid of getting hit!! i saw it.. i knew it..!! he is big plm..
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Nov 28, 2011 at 7:46 PM ]
tradse Ginn and a 2nd for Desean
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
He is afraid of getting hit, he alligator armed multiple passes across the middle! Diva ass afraid to get hit

that is true!! he is weak on the middle that he was very afraid of getting hit when he don't catch the TD cuz he saw guy close to him that he was afraid of getting hit!! i saw it.. i knew it..!! he is big plm..

lad someone else saw it!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

lad someone else saw it!

Mods need to lock this thread cause Desean is a b***h -- he runs 1 route and gives up on plays. Completely selfish and only motivated by money, I swear I said it earlier in this post and I'm sure half the posts say it just like you did but he is flat out scared and is playing not to get injured. The eagles will end up letting him walk this year.

Why in the name of God would you pay a guy 20x his base salary of this season to run a go route and no nothing else????

Also to put it to rest for good why would JH want another 5-10 175 receiver on a team that prides itself on having "the best blocking WRs in the league". Desean will definitely not be willing to play in our style of offense.
Originally posted by valrod33:
We have Kyle Williams who can be the same type of player and is a hell of a lot cheaper, no thanks

ive seen many ppl refer to kyle williams as a "poor mans" Desean Jackson. Not a bad thing tho, just means same potential talent, half the money and none of the attitude and ego. Jackson is a monster tho. Only reason id target him is if he dont re-sign ginn, but we're gonna re-sign him soo it doesnt matter
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
We have Kyle Williams who can be the same type of player and is a hell of a lot cheaper, no thanks

This

He looks quick, But how fast is kyle williams? Djackson only issue is his drops.

• okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:

This

He looks quick, But how fast is kyle williams? Djackson only issue is his drops.

And his cowardice. And his ability to run exactly one route. And his lack of leadership. And his me-first attitude. And his inability to go over the middle.
people saying kyle williams is like desean or a "poor mans" desean is out of their minds. theres only a handful of players with deseans speed and williams is not 1 of them, williams is more quick than fast and thats still fine. im not saying williams is slow because hes not but hes nowhere near the same class speed wise in desean, but i'll take williams' attitude and toughness over desean's any day but i'll still love to have jackson as a 9er next yr. its funny how many people sour on him this yr when hes having his 1st down yr of his young career in a season when the whole team is bad and hes pissed off at the organization, do i agree with the way hes handled this season, no. but if we cant get stevie johnson or dwayne bowe next yr i'll be very happy if we can get jackson.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
people saying kyle williams is like desean or a "poor mans" desean is out of their minds. theres only a handful of players with deseans speed and williams is not 1 of them, williams is more quick than fast and thats still fine. im not saying williams is slow because hes not but hes nowhere near the same class speed wise in desean, but i'll take williams' attitude and toughness over desean's any day but i'll still love to have jackson as a 9er next yr. its funny how many people sour on him this yr when hes having his 1st down yr of his young career in a season when the whole team is bad and hes pissed off at the organization, do i agree with the way hes handled this season, no. but if we cant get stevie johnson or dwayne bowe next yr i'll be very happy if we can get jackson.

Problem is DeSean has the dropsies, and Williams usually makes the catches. And less attitude issues, And doesnt cost as much as what DeSean wants, which isnt worth it. I am wary of Johnson and Bowe, Johnson dropsies as well, and Bowe just chickens out, ala Lloyd.
Originally posted by okdkid:
And his cowardice. And his ability to run exactly one route. And his lack of leadership. And his me-first attitude. And his inability to go over the middle.

Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:

Problem is DeSean has the dropsies, and Williams usually makes the catches. And less attitude issues, And doesnt cost as much as what DeSean wants, which isnt worth it. I am wary of Johnson and Bowe, Johnson dropsies as well, and Bowe just chickens out, ala Lloyd.

if either bowe or johnson hit free agency im willing to bet we will be 1 of the teams fighting for their services, well we better be other than crabtree, morgan and williams i dont feel comfortable with our wrs
Share 49ersWebzone