Sup

Lulz
Originally posted by marshniners24:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by maximill15:
Diva

Sup

Lulz

whats this. . . . he slept in?? At least T.O had more class and did a work out at the Eagles parking lot, what a p***y excuse sleeping in.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
whats this. . . . he slept in?? At least T.O had more class and did a work out at the Eagles parking lot, what a p***y excuse sleeping in.

He woke up late cuz of contract issues. Lol
This pleases me.
He was my favorite non Niner up until this year, now I don't want him
he torched our secondary
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Don't want, really... Like many have said - bad attitude, average hands.. pretty much a one dimensional WR.

I swear this place is the only place you can find people not wanting to upgrade their team, finding every excuse possible to stick with what they already have. And if you don't think Desean Jackson would be an upgrade over any one of our WRs, I won't even bother debating with you.
Jackson is better than Ginn. So in that sense I would like him on our team. He doesn't fit our offense well a whole lot and well I think for the money that he is seeking, I'm not quite sure that he'll be worth it.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Intangibles are the first thing Baalke and Harbaugh look at when evaluating players.

I do not think the that Desean has the requisite intangibles.

• dj43
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Don't want, really... Like many have said - bad attitude, average hands.. pretty much a one dimensional WR.

I swear this place is the only place you can find people not wanting to upgrade their team, finding every excuse possible to stick with what they already have. And if you don't think Desean Jackson would be an upgrade over any one of our WRs, I won't even bother debating with you.

Jackson is a "threat" but not a reliable one, for two reasons.

One, as has been detailed in this thread, he has a very high drop rate. On a team that is already near the top of the league in dropped passes, another "high drop" receiver is not a good thing.

Two, his documented behavior issues did not start this season. They have been going on since he came into the league. The only reason they were ignored was because he was relatively productive and made some highlight reels.

As to whether he would be an upgrade then, is very questionable. True, he has been an exciting returner but so has Ted Ginn. Ginn, though also not a reliable pass receiver, has been the best return man the 49ers have had since Dana McLemore. Also, there are no character issues with Ginn.

The 49ers have been very careful to keep a balance in all of their contract negotiations. Allowing Baas to leave rather than overpay him is but one example. Jackson has been very clear that he wants to get paid in accordance with the huge deals Philly made with others...and those other deals were ones that people all around the league shook their heads at at the time. Those big money deals are now being seen as a part of the discontent on that team. I just don't see Baalke paying Jackson Philly money to play for the 49ers. It just isn't going to happen.

Finally, I very much doubt that Harbaugh would take on Jackson's baggage. Let's recall one more time, Harbaugh is VERY influenced by the Bill Walsh tradition and methodology. One of the things Walsh learned early on was that problem players are seldom turned around just by a change of scenes. In one of his books, Walsh lamented the signing of Hollywood Henderson and talked about how that experience directed player acquisitions the rest of the time he was with the 49ers.

So while I have no claim to any more insight than anyone else here, I do read a lot and have all of Walsh's books, and I just don't believe Harbaugh would take on this baggage, and contract.
[ Edited by dj43 on Nov 16, 2011 at 8:47 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
I'd rather have Edwards

Ump possession revue era are much more valuable than playmakers

Ya playmakers are lore exciting but possession guys are harder to gameplan against and play a much bigger role

I would rather keep Edwards over Williams. Pick up Jackson and drop Ginn.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I'd rather have Edwards

Ya playmakers are lore exciting but possession guys are harder to gameplan against and play a much bigger role

Edwards looks very slow to me and we cant have to starting WRs who are slow.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I'd rather have Edwards

Edwards looks very slow to me and we cant have to starting WRs who are slow.

Edwards IS SLOW...but he's playing hurt. I don't care what they say, he's not recovered. It hurts that Morgan is out. Morgan is like a poor man's edwards (similiar speed, a little shorter but better hops) but has better chemistry with Alex. Hopefully Edwards gets his speed back and they get that same kind of chem.

The optimist in me says they will. Alex has been hitting Edwards on some good routes.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Jackson is a "threat" but not a reliable one, for two reasons.

One, as has been detailed in this thread, he has a very high drop rate. On a team that is already near the top of the league in dropped passes, another "high drop" receiver is not a good thing.

Two, his documented behavior issues did not start this season. They have been going on since he came into the league. The only reason they were ignored was because he was relatively productive and made some highlight reels.

As to whether he would be an upgrade then, is very questionable. True, he has been an exciting returner but so has Ted Ginn. Ginn, though also not a reliable pass receiver, has been the best return man the 49ers have had since Dana McLemore. Also, there are no character issues with Ginn.

The 49ers have been very careful to keep a balance in all of their contract negotiations. Allowing Baas to leave rather than overpay him is but one example. Jackson has been very clear that he wants to get paid in accordance with the huge deals Philly made with others...and those other deals were ones that people all around the league shook their heads at at the time. Those big money deals are now being seen as a part of the discontent on that team. I just don't see Baalke paying Jackson Philly money to play for the 49ers. It just isn't going to happen.

Finally, I very much doubt that Harbaugh would take on Jackson's baggage. Let's recall one more time, Harbaugh is VERY influenced by the Bill Walsh tradition and methodology. One of the things Walsh learned early on was that problem players are seldom turned around just by a change of scenes. In one of his books, Walsh lamented the signing of Hollywood Henderson and talked about how that experience directed player acquisitions the rest of the time he was with the 49ers.

So while I have no claim to any more insight than anyone else here, I do read a lot and have all of Walsh's books, and I just don't believe Harbaugh would take on this baggage, and contract.

Yeah, that Steve Young signing was a huge mistake too... Or are we talking about outside the game?
Share 49ersWebzone