LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 143 users in the forums

Matt Schaub out for the year

Shop 49ers game tickets
That sucks. I thought HOU would be in the SB this year.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by 9ERFANINAZ:

cant hate on that, I'd be doing the same thing if I was him.
  • dj43
Originally posted by jreff22:
UPDATE: Gary Kubiak said on 610 in Houston that the team believes Schaub is not out for the season.

Wishful thinking by Kubiak. The Lisfranc joint is at the top of the long bones behind the toes. It is a band of very tough tissue. If it tears, or if there is a fracture in that area, surgery is required. In that case 6-8 months is required for full recovery. Lesser tears or sprains still require a signficant period of inactivity - 4-6 weeks. It is so critical to foot strength that you can't just take a pain killer and play through it.

Duce Staley had the same injury and never played regularly again. Hope that isn't the case with Schaub.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Houston is the most cursed sports city in the country. It's one thing to just have s**tty teams all the time, but they always get your hopes up and just when you beleive, they rip your heart out. As a Rockets fan none of this surprises me, of course it's a foot issue. Pretty much all of my friends are Texans fans and not one of them is surprised or even hurt at this point, it's par for the course.
Originally posted by King49er:
They have the worst luck, I was kinda rooting for them in the AFC, but Matt Leinhart can go f**k himself

I don't know why, but this had me laughing.

There's just something about saying someone should "go f*** themselves" that's always funny.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Houston is the most cursed sports city in the country. It's one thing to just have s**tty teams all the time, but they always get your hopes up and just when you beleive, they rip your heart out. As a Rockets fan none of this surprises me, of course it's a foot issue. Pretty much all of my friends are Texans fans and not one of them is surprised or even hurt at this point, it's par for the course.

Jordan retired and gave you guys two rings. I'd say that's as good as luck as anyone will ever have.
Maybe Titans sneak a division win now.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by est1985:
Jordan retired and gave you guys two rings. I'd say that's as good as luck as anyone will ever have.

Houston would have beaten the Bulls teams in 93-94. They had Jordan and Pippen and nothing else. People conveniently forget they were rebuilding those years.

Houston would have beaten the Bulls teams in 93-94. They had Jordan and Pippen and nothing else. People conveniently forget they were rebuilding those years.

Rebuilding what? Without Jordan they still went pretty far. You're smoking some good crack.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

Rebuilding what? Without Jordan they still went pretty far. You're smoking some good crack.

Look at the roster changes after he left. They had no front court, that's why NY could beat them all of the sudden. Grant left for Orlando. Hakeem was unstoppable during that run. Also Houston had a winning record against those Bulls teams for that reason. You can disagree, but to just write it off and say I'm on crack is ignorant. You don't win back to back on some fluke without being really good. Also, another convenient fact people leave out is that Jordan played the second half of the season and the playoffs in 95 and got bounced because they had no front court. This is why they got Rodman the following year.

leinart will do good.

Look at the roster changes after he left. They had no front court, that's why NY could beat them all of the sudden. Grant left for Orlando. Hakeem was unstoppable during that run. Also Houston had a winning record against those Bulls teams for that reason. You can disagree, but to just write it off and say I'm on crack is ignorant. You don't win back to back on some fluke without being really good. Also, another convenient fact people leave out is that Jordan played the second half of the season and the playoffs in 95 and got bounced because they had no front court. This is why they got Rodman the following year.

Only a Bulls hater or Rockets lover would agree.
Share 49ersWebzone