There are 185 users in the forums

Think there will ever be a woman coach in the NFL?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by saniner:
Originally posted by Niners99:
no GM is willing to stick his neck out and try it. in the NFL everyone, including GM's and coaches, are scared to deviate from the norm for fear of getting fired. a GM who hires a female coach is basically putting his job on the line, because if it doesnt work out, he looks like a moron and loses his job.

I dont mean to sound sexist, but football is a sport for tough men, and they need to be led and motivated. I just dont see a woman being able to gain the respect of a team of football players to lead them. plus theres that whole factor of all the players walking around naked in the locker room, cussing, the potential for violence, etc. its just not an atmosphere for a woman.

I think a woman could coach an NBA team, but not in the NFL.

I absolutely agree.

Exactly.
I have a really hard time agreeing or disagreeing with the above.

Some would argue of examples in history of female figures successfully motivating men. However these women also fought and/or stood along side them in cause, which in football is only really done symbolically by a head coach.

Basically if it happened, she'd have my full support, but I can't objectively forecast success without seeing it first.
I think a woman can coach, it's more about the X's and O's. I mean we have had people who couldnt coach in this organization before. i.e Mike Nolan and Mike Singletary and i am 100% sure a woman who knows her football can do better than them 2. If it ever would happened, I think it would be the Pittsburgh Steelers. Since they have the largest female fan base. OR a smaller market team.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
well there's already a female QB playing on the Bears so why not?
It'll be common in the college ranks before even ONE gets into the pros.

You might see women in the infantry first!
[ Edited by Texas9erFan on Oct 22, 2011 at 10:11 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
well there's already a female QB playing on the Bears so why not?

No! But then again, I never thought communism would fall and almost nobody ever thought there would be an African American president at this point in our history.
not in our lifeime
Never met a woman who even plays Madden
Never gonna happen in the NFL . . . a woman coach at the H.S. level isn't even believable . . .

I would respect and give a standing ovation to any team that would give a female coach a chance but it is highly doubtful any ever will.
  • bors
  • Veteran
awwww hellll naawwww
I can't see NFL players respecting a female coach.
imagine a woman in locker room after a win.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Silly chef you should know better, lol
Share 49ersWebzone