There are 169 users in the forums

Why does New England play at 4;15

Shop 49ers game tickets
i was wondering why does New England play at 4:15 east coast time at home?
because that's the time most convenient for Rodger Goodell to watch him team play.
I haven't looked into the 4.15 start policy specifically, but I've inferred that the NFL wants to have a showcase game of the week in the Western time slot. Since most teams start at the Eastern 1.00pm time slot, this makes sense. The big game follows regional coverage for the rest of the Nation. The West, being a hinterland is left to pound sand.

As a Niners fan, especially one on the East Coast, this really pisses me off. Ten years ago, a Niners game frequently would sneak onto the local TV when the Redskins and Ravens stars were in correct alignment. The Game of the Week model, however, has killed that.

From the NFL's perspective it makes sense as it caters to the massive section of the NFL fan base that has only tertiary interest in specific teams--ie Vegas and the fantasy geeks. For those of us that follow football because of our teams (for example, I'm not a football fan, I'm a Niners fan) it is an annoying, crass policy.
Share 49ersWebzone