LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 150 users in the forums

Which QB is "truly" more valuable to his team?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Which QB is "truly" more valuable to his team?

We have seen the Patriots play without Brady, and we have now seen the Colts play without Manning...

So which QB is truly more valuable to their team?
Cassel actually won over 9 games right? I'm not sure if the Colts will win any..
Originally posted by YungAce:
Cassel actually won over 9 games right? I'm not sure if the Colts will win any..

they went 11-5 with him but missed the playoffs.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Manning because you see what happens without him. Pats still won ten games without Brady.
Originally posted by 49erFan:
We have seen the Patriots play without Brady, and we have now seen the Colts play without Manning...

So which QB is truly more valuable to their team?

You answered your own question.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Definitely Manning - but I don't think that is the right question to ask.

Why haven't the Colts been more aggressive at finding an upgrade to their backup QB position in the past 6-odd years? The Patriots are similar to the Eagles in that they have been able to find substitutes for Brady and still play at a somewhat high/decent level - Cassel being the main one. Now they have Ryan Mallett, who I think is the perfect fit as that developmental QB.

Now the Colts have done what exactly? Jim Sorgi for over a half decade, drafted Painter in the 6th round, and signed a vet QB that will be 39 years old in December.

Piss poor front office work for not locking up a capable backup. Hell, they could have gotten Shaun Hill for a late round pick.
This question is really not a fair comparison because the patriots as a whole were alot better team when they lost brady than the colts are now.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Definitely Manning - but I don't think that is the right question to ask.

Why haven't the Colts been more aggressive at finding an upgrade to their backup QB position in the past 6-odd years? The Patriots are similar to the Eagles in that they have been able to find substitutes for Brady and still play at a somewhat high/decent level - Cassel being the main one. Now they have Ryan Mallett, who I think is the perfect fit as that developmental QB.

Now the Colts have done what exactly? Jim Sorgi for over a half decade, drafted Painter in the 6th round, and signed a vet QB that will be 39 years old in December.

Piss poor front office work for not locking up a capable backup. Hell, they could have gotten Shaun Hill for a late round pick.

ALex Smith.
Matt Cassel is a tad better than Kerry Collins..... a tad.

Watch them get Luck :(, talk about sucking at the best time.
Originally posted by ninermaniac:
Watch them get Luck :(, talk about sucking at the best time.

I think they might trade that pick if they got it. It might be our best chance to get him.
Manning, the system doesn't work without him
How about Stafford. Or even Fitzpatrick. They are insane so far.
Originally posted by zillabeast:
How about Stafford. Or even Fitzpatrick. They are insane so far.

Fitzpatrick for sure, without stafford if hill was in there, the lions would still be ok.
Share 49ersWebzone