There are 287 users in the forums

Ian Williams' journey to the 49ers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by luv49rs:
Originally posted by Zachary:
Very cool guy. He follows me on twitter and we would chat. Then he asked if I had a PS4 and I've played him in madden 4 times lol

that's awesome

That is awesome!
I think parting ways is actually a good thing for Ian and the Niners. For all his talent, he just couldn't stay on the field nearly as much as they needed him. It's time to go out and either draft and/or sign a studly NT to give our Twin Towers some real help. No p***y-footing around, they need the toughest, nastiest NT they can find. IMHO it's the single biggest need on defense. Once they get that stud, then you can add pass rushers, ILB's and S's.
Why release him? When healthy, Williams is exactly what this team needs. It's not like they don't have the money.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Sorry to see you go Mr. Williams, you were an awesome 49er and great for us on the field. Thanks a lot, Ian, Peace out!!

#
Hopefully he can heal and will resign with us when 100%. But in the meantime it's great that Baalke has used so many of our many draft picks on good up and coming defensive players for good quality depth. Oh, Wait a minute....
  • titan
  • Veteran
I hate to see him go. They are probably not going to play him this year so just hooked him up with severance pay.
  • dj43
This doesn't mean they have given up on him. From something I read, this is just a procedural move that actually allows Williams to earn more than he would if he stayed on IR.

Perhaps AB or one of the other cap gurus can clear it up.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Why release him? When healthy, Williams is exactly what this team needs. It's not like they don't have the money.

Lol and when and how long has he been healthy? Too many injuries at this point in his career. Not many DL can be productive.
Showed flashes no doubt but other than that he was unable to get on the field enough to make any impact. Business is business gotta go but we have left the door open for a return.
Was a classy move by the Niners. Now he can get paid.
[ Edited by wailers15 on Oct 27, 2016 at 6:05 PM ]
He'll be back
Should have drafted Andrew Billings

Originally posted by Since07:

So much this
Dude was garbage anyway
Originally posted by Since07:

Even though he ended up being injured, i was screaming for this.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Dude was garbage anyway

Compared to what they have now, he was a Hall of Farmer.
Originally posted by LVJay:
Sorry to see you go Mr. Williams, you were an awesome 49er and great for us on the field. Thanks a lot, Ian, Peace out!!

#

Well said! I guess his injury is not healing or they would work with him.
Share 49ersWebzone