LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 240 users in the forums

NFL's Top 100 Players

Shop 49ers game tickets
I just noticed that there are no topics about this yet, currently at top 50 players, disgusted that Tony Gonzalez is rated much higher than VD and Dallas Clark, thoughts???
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Maybe they are using the whole career as a guide? Gonzalez is HOF material, Davis and Clark aren't even in that discussion yet.
I think they have Brandon Loyd somewhere in the 50's. What's up with that? Jennings imo is way better than Loyd.
VD is the best TE in the league. The guy would have 125 catches for 1600 yards and 20 TDs with Peyton Manning as his QB. Best blocking TE in the league, and fastest/most dangerous in the open field. 4.38 40 yard dash. It's a joke that he's rated in the 80's somewhere.
Originally posted by BillWalsh:
VD is the best TE in the league. The guy would have 125 catches for 1600 yards and 20 TDs with Peyton Manning as his QB. Best blocking TE in the league, and fastest/most dangerous in the open field. 4.38 40 yard dash. It's a joke that he's rated in the 80's somewhere.

If Peyton was throwing to Vernon, I seriously think he would be smashing TE records.
Originally posted by pelos21:
I think they have Brandon Loyd somewhere in the 50's. What's up with that? Jennings imo is way better than Loyd.

Its The best players for 2011 so the past really doesnt matter as much as what they did the last year or two. Lloyd was arguably the best WR in the league in 2010.
Originally posted by BobS:
Maybe they are using the whole career as a guide? Gonzalez is HOF material, Davis and Clark aren't even in that discussion yet.

They said the way the players voted is the Best players going off of this year just passed, going off of that then VD had more Yards, TD's, better YAC, and did it all with less catches then Gonzalez had, not to mention VD is much more explosive, second only to Gates imo.

Now if we go off all time i wouldn't have been surprised since as of now he is the Best TE off all time (till Gates retires that is).

he's not

and from my understanding its the best 100 players of last season
Originally posted by ads_2006:

he's not

and from my understanding its the best 100 players of last season

In my mind i think he is #2 behind Antonio Gates
where do you guys think willis fall? if it's not the 15, this list is complete horse s**t

Originally posted by YungAce:
where do you guys think willis fall? if it's not the 15, this list is complete horse s**t

Agree, he is Top 15....sadly the players are dumb so i think he ends up in the 30's
I'm actually a little suprised Willis name hasn't been called. Increadible physical tools and instinct, questionable leadership skills. Yes I believe you lead by example, but thats just the basics. At some point you have to inspire those around you to be great and until he leads us to a number of playoff games, I can't get that excited. Right or wrong, thats how I feel. You can't be a lengend without playing in legendary games.

P.S. Davis will get the love he deserves next year, when he destroys the TE td record.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jun 5, 2011 at 22:04:21 ]
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
I'm actually a little suprised Willis name hasn't been called. Increadible physical tools and instinct, questionable leadership skills. Yes I believe you lead by example, but thats just the basics. At some point you have to inspire those around you to be great and until he leads us to a number of playoff games, I can't get that excited. Right or wrong, thats how I feel. You can't be a lengend without playing in legendary games.

someone made a thread about this. i think willis was in the 30's and Gore was in the 90's
Originally posted by FreddyG:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

someone made a thread about this. i think willis was in the 30's and Gore was in the 90's

??? The NFL hasn't counted down to 30 yet. I think we start from 40 next Sunday. Gore was 94 and Davis was 89.
Unfortunately Justin Smith won't get mentioned. He should. One of the top 3-4 DEs in the league. If he played for the Pats he'd be top 30 for sure. Really that much separating him and Seymor?
Share 49ersWebzone