There are 218 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
He only wants out because they have been stabbing him in the back for a year and a half now. And they offered an extension worth around half of what he is now commanding on the open market. The very definition of getting lowballed.

Or he's just a guy who will never stay long in one place, no matter how good or bad it might be there, that's just who he is. Some guys simply have that in their DNA, 3...4 years and they are out the door and heading elsewhere.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He only wants out because they have been stabbing him in the back for a year and a half now. And they offered an extension worth around half of what he is now commanding on the open market. The very definition of getting lowballed.

Or he's just a guy who will never stay long in one place, no matter how good or bad it might be there, that's just who he is. Some guys simply have that in their DNA, 3...4 years and they are out the door and heading elsewhere.

but but but trent and jed
Here's to 10 years of cellar dwelling.

Thanks Jed.
Originally posted by crabman82:
but but but trent and jed

People just assume that it has to be someone's fault, but some people are just wired that way. Right out of college I worked for a guy who was awesome at his job, one of the very best, extremely hardworking, productive, but he was also extremely high strung and somehow always managed to be his own worst enemy, no matter how well he did, he had a preternatural ability to alienate people and as a result, he never lasted for too long in any one place.

Harbaugh seems like he could be that kind of guy where he it doesn't matter what you do, he'll be gone sooner or later. When you hear his brother talk about how Jim didn't really have any friends growing up...etc.....that's a major clue right there. Say he goes to Oakland, and four years later he's moving on to yet another team despite being successful, will people still be blaming York and Baalke.
Great coach but it doesn't explain why the offense is so bad.

DNA, really?
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
If all the unfortunate things on defense (injuries / suspension) actually happened to the offense instead of the defense, many of us would be giving Harbaugh / Roman a pass due to the bad luck.

However, it was the defense that stepped up even with the misfortunes. The offense had more than enough talent there to take us into the post season. Defense carried this team and Jim Harbaugh is responsible for (Roman's play calling, Kap turned to Krap, oline issues, offensive coaches.....).

He's a good coach, but what could you say, really? Is this just something that will go away (fluke season) or the beginning of what's to come... no one really knows if it will get significantly better if he stays or goes...
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by smithgdwg:

Thanks Jed.

this is what i have learned today, there are two schools of thought
1. we are supposed to be ok with the putrid offense we have seen along with lack of energy and passion and urgency from the players and coaches in the last several games simply because it is better than what it was before jh arrived
2. we are supposed to give the two headed monster of roman and jh another year so they can tweak some things in the off season and we will be fine
jesus people jh is just a man, if you people want to break out the cyanide kool aid because you think we will now be cellar dwellers without even having a open mind to a possible new coach, knock yourselves out.
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

DNA, really?

yep, just like parcells
Originally posted by cciowa:

Thanks Jed.

this is what i have learned today, there are two schools of thought
1. we are supposed to be ok with the putrid offense we have seen along with lack of energy and passion and urgency from the players and coaches in the last several games simply because it is better than what it was before jh arrived
2. we are supposed to give the two headed monster of roman and jh another year so they can tweak some things in the off season and we will be fine
jesus people jh is just a man, if you people want to break out the cyanide kool aid because you think we will now be cellar dwellers without even having a open mind to a possible new coach, knock yourselves out.

we are talking about an organization who let Nolan coach over 50 games and singletary over 40 games, and 'the jim is gone after season" rumors started before he coached his 50 th game that included 3 straight NFCCG

back wards
[ Edited by blizzuntz on Dec 19, 2014 at 10:00 PM ]

Thanks Jed.

back to being irrelevant once again
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora

I'll staunchly believe Jim Harbaugh is staying in the NFL, and most likely with Oakland, until he's gone. But, well, I doubt he leaves
  • dj43
Originally posted by MC9BEAT:
Can anyone tell me exactly what the problem is between Harbaugh and the 49ers? So many things have been thrown out there. Paersonality clash with Baalke. Didin't get a new contract. Refuses to let Roman go. What is it? Does anybody know what the exact problem is?

Remember when they tried to trade Jim Harbaugh to the Browns last offseason? After Harbaugh coached them to three straight NFC Championship games?

York and Baalke are more concerned about their toes getting stepped on than they are about winning football games. Office manners are more important to them than the product on the field.

We see how much Harbaugh is valued on the open market. Nearly $50 million offer from Michigan. How much would Baalke be worth on the open market? Ten percent of that? Five percent?

Baalke won the power struggle. It's the 49er fans that lost.

Michigan has more cash than any NFL team. You can't compare the two on a money deal.
Originally posted by Jcool:

I'll staunchly believe Jim Harbaugh is staying in the NFL, and most likely with Oakland, until he's gone. But, well, I doubt he leaves

Maybe he views it as a challenge to stay in SF and get the offense back to what it was? Hell i don't know what to believe at this point. I love the guy but damn, can we get a concrete answer already?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AZ9erfan520:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Maybe he views it as a challenge to stay in SF and get the offense back to what it was? Hell i don't know what to believe at this point. I love the guy but damn, can we get a concrete answer already?

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 5m5 minutes ago
Just to be clear - Harbaugh is 10000 percent leaving the 49ers and has been for quite some time. I just don't believe he's leaving the NFL
Share 49ersWebzone