LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 190 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
So he's tied with Jason Garrett salary wise . . .

http://coacheshotseat.com/NFLCoachesSalaries.htm
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

s**t. I would be pissed as well than. Jason Garrett can't hold Jim's jock strap. Player wise and coach wise.
Originally posted by crabman82:
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:
Originally posted by DonJulio:
It's pretty clear that the 49ers want to move on with or without Harbaugh, and I agree with them.

He was hired, coached them up, and set them up for the foreseeable future...with or without him. Harbaugh is no fool- he wanted the Browns for three reasons:

- gets to play against brother John
- is that much closer to Canton, where he will be enshrined one day
- the Niners would get draft picks from the browns, which would then be used by ex-Stanford coach Roman to draft mostly Stanford players and keep them at home (Harbaugh would want this- he cares about his former players AND their families).

Besides, he probably heard about California breaking up into 6 states and wanted no part in that disaster. I say he's a smart man, I'd bounce to Cleveland too. The uni's are pretty classic too.

my reaction too, especially the first 2 points. like peyton and eli being on opposite conferences is important to the harbaughs, this was talked about quite often after we hired him and around the t-giving day. as far as the hall of fame thing and being closer to canton, nevermind, its so dumb its not even worth addressing.

Seriously? They're legitimate points to consider.

Point 1: Sibling rivalry- They already went to the big dance and big brother won. It's Jim's time, and he'd like to show big brother up twice a year and knock the ravens out of the playoffs while making Super Bowl run(s)[plural, because we know he's that good and proved it in SF]. Also, the NFL would love this, for ratings, prime time slots, etc. Also, the general football fan population, NOT JUST RAVENS AND BROWNS FANS, would tune in to see this must-see TV.

Point 2: Canton- I'll admit, maybe I'm getting a lil ahead of myself. But c'mon, he's getting in as a coach. If he had gone to the Browns, he would be that much closer to the Hall and would make everything so much easier. Like making appointments to sit down in front of the sculptor, coordinate affairs for the big day and s**t like that. It's called HAVING THINGS IN ORDER and BEING PREPARED. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail, my dad told me that, and Jim is not about failing.

Point 3: Harbaugh caring about Stanford families: We know he does. If he could keep a player close to home/stay local with family in the Bay Area, or if they're not originally from here to just keep them here because it's already familiar, then Jim will do that. Because he cares. It would have been like a thank you to them, as he departed for Cleveland.

It's too bad it didn't happen but it made so much sense...still does.

AND REMEMBER- if he were to leave, we already have have an experienced head coach on the salary...who just happened to coach...that's right, THE browns. Not a coincidence.

One word: MANGINI. That's eye-talian. And boom goes the dynamite, Hiroshima-knowledge bomb dropped.....you're welcome.
[ Edited by DonJulio on Feb 22, 2014 at 4:15 PM ]

Point 1: Sibling rivalry- They already went to the big dance and big brother won. It's Jim's time, and he'd like to show big brother up twice a year and knock the ravens out of the playoffs while making Super Bowl run(s)[plural, because we know he's that good and proved it in SF]. Also, the NFL would love this, for ratings, prime time slots, etc. Also, the general football fan population, NOT JUST RAVENS AND BROWNS FANS, would tune in to see this must-see TV.

Point 2: Canton- I'll admit, maybe I'm getting a lil ahead of myself. But c'mon, he's getting in as a coach. If he had gone to the Browns, he would be that much closer to the Hall and would make everything so much easier. Like making appointments to sit down in front of the sculptor, coordinate affairs for the big day and s**t like that. It's called HAVING THINGS IN ORDER and BEING PREPARED. Failing to prepare is preparing to fail, my dad told me that, and Jim is not about failing.

Point 3: Harbaugh caring about Stanford families: We know he does. If he could keep a player close to home/stay local with family in the Bay Area, or if they're not originally from here to just keep them here because it's already familiar, then Jim will do that. Because he cares. It would have been like a thank you to them, as he departed for Cleveland.

he has stated that playing against his brother is not something he is terribly fond of, i dont see him going to afc, let alone a divisional rivals. as far as the HOF goes its beyond crazy to even consider him a HOF coach. what he has done is similar to andy reid who i don not view as a HOF coach. theres coaching out there with multiple sb's wins who arent HOF'ers, guys like seifert, flores and even jimmy johnson. you're entitled to your opinion, i just think you're wrong.
^^i edited my post to include other pertinent...IMPORTANT.... information
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

s**t. I would be pissed as well than. Jason Garrett can't hold Jim's jock strap. Player wise and coach wise.

For sure. No telling what the team has offered so far, but I would hope they offered an extra $2 million per now and top paid status if we win it all.

AND REMEMBER- if he were to leave, we already have have an experienced head coach on the salary...who just happened to coach...that's right, THE browns. Not a coincidence.

One word: MANGINI. That's eye-talian. And boom goes the dynamite, Hiroshima-knowledge bomb dropped.....you're welcome.

If Harbaugh cares so much about Stanford players, why doesn't he ever draft them?
PFT is out to tear this team apart. f**k florio
Originally posted by FunkNinerFlex:

If Harbaugh cares so much about Stanford players, why doesn't he ever draft them?

GREAT point, to which I'll say:

The players coming out of Stanford now are harbaughs last ones....it'll be his last chance to do the Cardinal good. You think he doesn't realize this?

As a Niner coach, I dunno if he'll draft them...my point was, that as a Browns coach, he would have:

1 left for Cleveland, with a stipulation that Niners pick up "his Stanford boys"
2 niners receive lots of draft picks
3 Roman, a Stanford guy, would fulfill the departing Harbaughs request and draft Harbaugh-coached-Stanford-players to keep them at home with mom and dad. Family.
Originally posted by Youngone:
PFT is out to tear this team apart. f**k florio

This! Wtf is their problem with the 9ers

Maybe what they are reporting is true?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
So much butt hurt in this thread, all over a s**tty team trying to aquire one of the best coaches in the league.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Maybe what they are reporting is true?

No. It's not that. There's a definite pattern here with Florio and few others in the media.
It's hilarious the amount of nat'l media attention the alleged near-Harbaugh trade and subsequent alleged turmoil & fallout. Man these fools are desperate.
Share 49ersWebzone