LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 270 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Harbaugh cracks me up, just watched his presser where at the end Kap comes in and Jim goes to the press "Hey did you guys see that Colin advert for the headphones for the beats? Wasn't that a great advert."

More fuel on the fire for Sunday lol....
Not surprising that Jacobs is not a fan of Harbaugh.. It's just right that Harb put him in the spot for acting like a baby.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10339010/brandon-jacobs-rips-san-francisco-49ers-coach-jim-harbaugh
[ Edited by 49ersOnMINE on Jan 23, 2014 at 9:47 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersOnMINE:
Not surprising that Jacobs is not a fan of Harbaugh.. It's just right that Harb put him in the spot for acting like a baby.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10339010/brandon-jacobs-rips-san-francisco-49ers-coach-jim-harbaugh

Jacobs is such a bitter clown. If he were good enough to play for the Niners, he would have played. But, as we all know, Tom Rathman will simply not let a running back play unless he's willing and ABLE to block. And Jacobs isn't one-tenth the running back Rathman was. In fact, I've never seen a big back like Jacobs go down so easily - he's softer than some backs that are two-thirds his size. And Jacobs is just lucky to have those two rings he's honking about. He had little or nothing to do with those two championships. Those championships were about Eli Manning and his receivers making plays, good defense and lucky breaks. The big clown was just along for the ride.
lol jacobs lol
Jacobs you b***h you would taken the lead in New Orleans if you played
I apologize if this has been posted in another thread, but did anyone catch Lowell Cohn on Yahoo Sports Talk Live on CSN last night?

It seems like it has become "bash Jim Harbaugh" Week, starting with Jacobs.

I'm not sure if they have some kind of personal tension or maybe Lowell lost a big bet on the game and is blaming Harbaugh, but he really went after him. He seems to have been inspired by Richard Sherman or channeled his inner-Richard Sherman. I've never seen this guy so fired up; I don't remember how he put it exactly, but basically he labeled Harbaugh a Successful Loser. A guy that can get you far and be successful but can't win the big one.

He also said that if Bill Walsh and Joe Montana were coaching and playing, that we would have won both the Super Bowl and the Seattle game (which I think is an unfair comparison).

He also questioned Harbaugh's ability to develop a QB, as evidenced by Kaps current state(in which he added that Kap choked and that he regressed this year). Jim Kozimor replied with how Harbaugh further developed Alex, and Lowell basically did another Richard Sherman move and said, "i'm not talking about Alex."

I think that he brought up a few valid concerns, but at the same time his reasoning seems to be a bit far-fetched and very unrealistic. I was very surprised at how strongly he felt about it though.

In closing, I'm happy with Jim Harbaugh as our coach; he can improve in areas but overall he's done a great job. We all remember how things went before he and his coaching staff arrived; at least we're competing every year. And to be honest if a few calls went our way and we had a couple less mistakes (TO's/penalties); we could be sitting here with one Lombardi trophy at the very least.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DefSikNiner:
I apologize if this has been posted in another thread, but did anyone catch Lowell Cohn on Yahoo Sports Talk Live on CSN last night?

I'm not sure if they have some kind of personal tension or maybe Lowell lost a big bet on the game and is blaming Harbaugh, but he really went after him. He seems to have been inspired by Richard Sherman or channeled his inner-Richard Sherman. I've never seen this guy so fired up; I don't remember how he put it exactly, but basically he labeled Harbaugh a Successful Loser. A guy that can get you far and be successful but can't win the big one.

He also said that if Bill Walsh and Joe Montana were coaching and playing, that we would have won both the Super Bowl and the Seattle game (which I think is an unfair comparison).

He also questioned Harbaugh's ability to develop a QB, as evidenced by Kaps current state(in which he added that Kap choked and that he regressed this year). Jim Kozimor replied with how Harbaugh further developed Alex, and Lowell basically did another Richard Sherman move and said, "i'm not talking about Alex."

I think that he brought up a few valid concerns, but at the same time his reasoning seems to be a bit far-fetched and very unrealistic. I was very surprised at how strongly he felt about it though.

In closing, I'm happy with Jim Harbaugh as our coach; he can improve in areas but overall he's done a great job. We all remember how things went before he and his coaching staff arrived; at least we're competing every year. And to be honest if a few calls went our way and we had a couple less mistakes (TO's/penalties); we could be sitting here with one Lombardi trophy at the very least.

Stopped reading at Lowell Cohn
Originally posted by DefSikNiner:

Wasn't Lowell Cohn praising Harbaugh at his final press conference? This guy is a hack. Bill Walsh and Joe Montana were together in 6 of the years they didn't win the Super Bowl. Winning the Super Bowl is difficult. For someone like Lowell Cohn, who has no clue how to coach any sports team at any level, to bash Harbaugh like that is laughable at best. He's just an annoying prick.
I would pay jim harbaugh whatever the hell he wants. he is the most important person on this team. more important than the players and gm. nobody is worth more than him
Seems like Harbaugh is the Andy Reid of the Eagles. 3years in the NFL. 3 NFCCG games and trip to the SB. That's just awesome in terms of winning. But in the end you are judge by SB too and there isn't one yet.

Originally posted by outside4949:
I would pay jim harbaugh whatever the hell he wants. he is the most important person on this team. more important than the players and gm. nobody is worth more than him

Seriously. There are no cap considerations here. I know you want to negotiate because you don't just want to give away leverage and money, but there's excuse to let Harbaugh walk because of money.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Seems like Harbaugh is the Andy Reid of the Eagles. 3years in the NFL. 3 NFCCG games and trip to the SB. That's just awesome in terms of winning. But in the end you are judge by SB too and there isn't one yet.

Andy Reid's first 3 years included 2 playoff appearances (1 NFC championship game) & didn't win more then 11 games in a season. Oh and he didn't get to a Superbowl till his 6th year as HC.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 23, 2014 at 4:11 PM ]
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Andy Reid's first 3 years included 2 playoff appearances (1 NFC championship game) & didn't win more then 11 games in a season. Oh and he didn't get to a Superbowl till his 6th year as HC.

Exactly. And Andy Reid IS a good coach. It's just very difficult to win a Super Bowl in this league. Marv Levy appeared in 4 straight SBs and couldn't win a single one. Does that mean he was no good? How long did it take Bill Cowher to finally win a SB. Even the genius Bill Belichick has not been able to win a SB since 2004. Harbaugh is a great coach and has been putting us in position to win it all every year since he's been here. At that level, though, the competition is so tough that games can go either way, and we've just caught some bad breaks. That's why I don't think you should use SB wins as the only measuring stick by which to judge a coach.
You're being Cohned...

If you can't win the Super Bowl in your first three seasons, what good are you as a coach?

Most good coaches win the Super Bowl within their first three seasons of coaching, and most good quarterbacks win at least one Super Bowl within their first two seasons of starting.

We are on a downward spiral and only someone with a name like "Cohn" could point out the con that Harbaugh really is.
Cohn. Guy is old and should just die already. His son is just as bad with the latest article he wrote saying Kap hasn't progressed at all. Two numb nuts if you ask me.

News flash for Cohn, we have been in the NFCCG 3 times in a row, been to one SB, lost and lost the other 2 Championship games. Guess who else has been in the Championship game 3 times in a row, been to one SB, lost and lost the 2 Championship games. The Patriots the past three years in the AFC. Guess Belichek is washed up and should be fired.
Share 49ersWebzone