LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 241 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Giedi:
He's been at Michigan for 5 years and hasn't done the above that you described and he's still at U of M. So it may take *more* than losing to Ohio State every year to lose his job. As long has he stays above that minimum, he has a good chance at keeping his job, from the way I see it.

Yep and he has yet to win any major games of consequence. The AD is supposedly a huge fan of his but that will only get him so far if his teams continue to flop in big game after big game, especially against key rivals. If he finishes this season out with another 2 to 3 losses, he'll definitely be on the hot seat starting next season.

2 or 3 losses will not put him on the "hot seat". I mean 10 wins is a pretty good year in college.
[ Edited by Jcool on Sep 23, 2019 at 8:09 PM ]
"What a joke…u let this guy call plays @jgattis22 and he's never done it before…what a joke…he's hot garbage absolutely terrible…and u continue to just let Harbaugh run Michigan as the head coach as he played there and was so absolutely average as a player…it's unbelievable and ridiculous…u pay this motherf**ker 10 million dollars to be absolute average…highway robbery…he's hot f**king garbage…regardless of who is at Qb and who you want to keep the heat on the starting quarterback that's fine…when it appears that a defense has absolutely f**king given up…make the spin u want…my bro is a baller and will be a G in the NFL can't f**king wait."

Shea Patterson's brother

Does Patterson get drafted?
Originally posted by cciowa:
the first thing i thought of when i saw the post game was how much he looked defeated just like he did in the later stages of the final year here. he had no answers. looked clueless and had zero passion. i love his time here. jed made a error siding with trent,.no offense to kyle but i still consider him. based upon results, the third best coach in the history of our franchise. but i wondered if his brand of coaching just hits the wall after about three years. we saw that here and maybe seeing the same thing there.

Didnt Joe Staley come out and say that Harbaughs schtick was getting old the year after he left? I remember one of our players kind of taking a swipe at Harbs after he left.
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Didnt Joe Staley come out and say that Harbaughs schtick was getting old the year after he left? I remember one of our players kind of taking a swipe at Harbs after he left.

That's the drunken lineman Alex Boone

Ohio State alum and I believe out of the league
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Sep 23, 2019 at 9:10 PM ]
"You reap what you sow"
Only coach in 49ers history to lose a Superbowl. Pete the Cheat had this dude in his back pocket the entire time Harbs was our coach. Harbaugh had no answer for Pete. Seahawks owned us.

I always got heat for saying that while this dude brought back our winning ways, he never got the job done and will be remembered for losing the Superbowl at the end of the day.
Expect him to leave Mich after the year and head back to NFL
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by Scottie15:
Only coach in 49ers history to lose a Superbowl. Pete the Cheat had this dude in his back pocket the entire time Harbs was our coach. Harbaugh had no answer for Pete. Seahawks owned us.

I always got heat for saying that while this dude brought back our winning ways, he never got the job done and will be remembered for losing the Superbowl at the end of the day.

49ers vs Seattle has more to do with Russ showing up and balling out than the silly Jim vs Pete thing.

Lets revisit the facts of history.
Jim's first NFL game was a W against Seattle in week one at home. They also beat them at Seattle in 2011. He's still the last 49ers HC to win a game at Seattle. Started 3-0 vs Seattle with a win at home in 2012. Then Russ went off for 4 TDs in the game at Seattle in 2012. Jim was then 1-4 against Seattle in games vs Russ, including the NFCCG in 2013.

So in reality it's just been Russ dominating every 49ers team since late 2012. lolz
Originally posted by SoCold:

49ers vs Seattle has more to do with Russ showing up and balling out than the silly Jim vs Pete thing.

Lets revisit the facts of history.
Jim's first NFL game was a W against Seattle in week one at home. They also beat them at Seattle in 2011. He's still the last 49ers HC to win a game at Seattle. Started 3-0 vs Seattle with a win at home in 2012. Then Russ went off for 4 TDs in the game at Seattle in 2012. Jim was then 1-4 against Seattle in games vs Russ, including the NFCCG in 2013.

So in reality it's just been Russ dominating every 49ers team since late 2012. lolz

I think a lot of it had to do with Seattle's defense, which was historically good. That, coupled with Roman's one-dimensional play-calling, made it a mismatch.

In regards to your facts of history, Jim's first game was before Seattle had that masterful 2012 draft class, which included their defensive pieces and Wilson. So yes, you can say it was Russel Wilson and you can say it was their defense, all of which were drafted in 2012. The fact still remains that Harbaugh couldn't adjust and was Pete's b***h for a majority of his time as the 49ers' head coach.

We've had 17 coaches in the Super Bowl era and only 2 won a SB. The whole 5-0 stuff is overplayed especially when we haven't won 1 in 25 years.
Originally posted by _Goldblooded_:
Expect him to leave Mich after the year and head back to NFL

Maybe Miami. They reportedly got on a plane, chased after him to come to Miami before he decided on the Niners.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
That's the drunken lineman Alex Boone

Ohio State alum and I believe out of the league

Yeah no wonder it didn't feel right saying Joe had said sucha thing. Thanks for clearing that up!
Originally posted by 1251alex:
Yeah no wonder it didn't feel right saying Joe had said sucha thing. Thanks for clearing that up!

Staley is the classy guy that has a man-crush on Frank Gore
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Does Patterson get drafted?

Ya, hes talented. 2nd or 3rd round. But maybe he drops if Michigan continues to play poor.
Share 49ersWebzone