There are 299 users in the forums

Mike Mayock

Shop 49ers game tickets
Did anybody see a game where Mike Mayock did the commentary before yesterdays Seahawks-Saints game ? I didn't and i am very impressed by the commentary. I knew Mayock is a great draft guy, but he was awesome as a play by play man yesterday.
Originally posted by stever:
Did anybody see a game where Mike Mayock did the commentary before yesterdays Seahawks-Saints game ? I didn't and i am very impressed by the commentary. I knew Mayock is a great draft guy, but he was awesome as a play by play man yesterday.

what he is, he's very football-knowledgeable, so listening to him it really feels like the commentary just comes naturally to him and he's always a good listen
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
he's great on nfl network breaking down game film and he brings that knowledge to the booth 1m times better than listening to say Matt Millens fat face
Was it the High School Army All-American game?

Anyone notice that NT that signed with Cal? He's 6-2, 352lbs and pretty mobile. They compared him to Ngata.
Originally posted by stever:

He did all the Notre Dame home games this year with Tom Hammond. That's why they did the game, since it was also on NBC.

I remember Peter King mentioning before the season that Mayock would be great. NFL Network should have put him on the Thursday night games, instead of that bumbling duo of Millen and Theisman.
Both Mayock and Collinsworth are able to tell us why something happened. To me, this sets them apart.
I LOVE MIKE MAYOCK
Originally posted by ishkabibel:
Both Mayock and Collinsworth are able to tell us why something happened. To me, this sets them apart.

Sometimes Collinsworth pisses me off cus he's a 49er hater but yeah, hes a damn good commentator.
Originally posted by strickac:
Was it the High School Army All-American game?

Anyone notice that NT that signed with Cal? He's 6-2, 352lbs and pretty mobile. They compared him to Ngata.

it wasn't in that game it was in the saints-seahawks playoff game, but yeah I saw the game you're talking about and saw the big samoan looking kid committing to Cal and got me all pumped, especially when they compared him to Ngata, and we all know you need a stud at 3-4 for that defense to succeed.
that's why I love watching the Senior Bowl practices/game every year. Mike Mayock is the best!

• jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jones49:
Originally posted by ishkabibel:

Sometimes Collinsworth pisses me off cus he's a 49er hater but yeah, hes a damn good commentator.

Losing to the 49ers in 2 Super Bowls will do that to you.
He is really sharp and I really like his take on various aspects of the draft.
Why doesn't an NFL team hire him for like head of scouting of something?
Originally posted by jreff22:

I dont know, I was wondering the same thing, he is so damn knowledgeable.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by jreff22:

I dont know, I was wondering the same thing, he is so damn knowledgeable.

write him an email and see if he wants to write for the site
Share 49ersWebzone