There are 106 users in the forums

if we get harbaugh wonder who coordinators would be?

Shop 49ers game tickets
I cannot find the exact article, but I know for certain Bill Callahan would be Harbaugh's number one choice at OC (unless he brings up his OC from Stanford with him). Harbaugh was pining for 3 straight years to get Stanford to bring Callahan in (after Callahan was out of Nebraska).

Callahan would be both Gruden, and Harbaugh's #1 OC if either were to coach in the NFL next season.
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Wade Phillips or Ray Rhodes would make good D-coordinators.

But I have a feeling that Harbaugh will being those "NFL experienced" coaches with him from the college ranks.

The Bay Area is becoming way too obsessed with Harbaugh. The only reason he gets so much credit is because he's working for a local program..........would Niner fans be all over him if he werent coaching at Stanford ? I doubt it.

Gruden's the only PROVEN candidate. I hope Jed ignores all the fans (unlike the Sing debacle) and goes after Gruden.

Just wondering -- would you dislike it if we hired Harbaugh?

I agree that Gruden would be a great fit here, as well - and have good experience, obviously.
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

But I have a feeling that Harbaugh will being those "NFL experienced" coaches with him from the college ranks.

The Bay Area is becoming way too obsessed with Harbaugh. The only reason he gets so much credit is because he's working for a local program..........would Niner fans be all over him if he werent coaching at Stanford ? I doubt it.

Gruden's the only PROVEN candidate. I hope Jed ignores all the fans (unlike the Sing debacle) and goes after Gruden.
I

I agree that Gruden would be a great fit here, as well - and have good experience, obviously.

I think he's better than the trash we've had here for the past 6 years. I wouldnt say he's the worstcoaching option out there, but Id feel a lot more comfortable with a proven commodity like Gruden or Billick.

Harbaugh sounds like the sexy pick.............the one the fans are voting for, kind of like they voted for Sing when he felt like the one.

I

I think he's better than the trash we've had here for the past 6 years. I wouldnt say he's the worstcoaching option out there, but Id feel a lot more comfortable with a proven commodity like Gruden or Billick.

Harbaugh sounds like the sexy pick.............the one the fans are voting for, kind of like they voted for Sing when he felt like the one.

harbaugh and singletary are two different animals. singletary doesnt know s**t about offense or defense, was a good motivator, didnt know how to assemble a staff (fire martz for raye?) was already in house so the lazy yorks stuck with him instead of conducting atleast a simple search before naming him HC.

harbaugh has nothing but nfl coaches working for him at stanford, is a great motivator, good judge of talent, develops QBs, is an offensive mastermind so we dont have to be held hostage by OCs when they leave, has that killer instinct to kill a team when we have the opportunity unlike sings get up by 3 and run the time off bulls**t, has tons of connections around the league. way different.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I cannot find the exact article, but I know for certain Bill Callahan would be Harbaugh's number one choice at OC (unless he brings up his OC from Stanford with him). Harbaugh was pining for 3 straight years to get Stanford to bring Callahan in (after Callahan was out of Nebraska).

Callahan would be both Gruden, and Harbaugh's #1 OC if either were to coach in the NFL next season.

That would be GREAT news for our offensive line.

Callahan has the title Assistant Head Coach, which prevents him from being interviewed without permission for any position other than Head Coach.

I'd love to read the article regarding Callahan and Harbaugh, considering Harbaugh has employed run first offenses with vertical passing and this would be completely contrary to Callahan's offense. The only connection between Harbaugh and Callahan is Jim's time as Quarterbacks Coach in Oakland.
How about Callahan as OC if Harbaugh likes him that much?
And either f*ge Fangio Current DC at Stanford, or John Foz who just got canned by Carolina. I believe he was the DC at the Giants and did a very good job?

I

After hearing Billick talk about how much he has learned being in different locker rooms as an announcer, I think he might be a good choice.
  • ptw1
  • Veteran
regardless of the HC, i'm hoping marvin lewis is not retained by the bengals and is our next DC.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ptw1:
regardless of the HC, i'm hoping marvin lewis is not retained by the bengals and is our next DC.

That would be a monster pick up. If we could get Callahan and Lewis I would be stoked.

Originally posted by Memphis9er:

I

After hearing Billick talk about how much he has learned being in different locker rooms as an announcer, I think he might be a good choice.

I agree that Billick is the sleeper pick for head coach if Harbaugh, Mularkey, and Mortingweg don't want the job.

Every time I heard Billick talk about the Niners, it was always in a positive light and had great things to say about our talent. Now, I'd prefer Harbaugh b/c he's the kind of coach not afraid to admit he needs great coordinators and will get them for this team, but Billick seems to WANT to be our HC, which I respect.

If Billick does become our HC, I only ask that in his contract, it states he's not allowed to be a part of personnel decisions (i.e. Kyle Boller, Steve McNair, Trent Dilfer, etc.)
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Don't know about OC, but I think he'll bring along Fangio at DC.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by rawdel:
Gary Kubiak OC
Jim Mora DC

Based off what exactly?

Harbaugh runs a Pro Style power offense that features a vertical passing game set up by the running game and the 3-4 defense.

Kubiak runs a derivative of the West Coast Offense and Jim Mora Jr. runs a 4-3.
harbaugh runs the WCO as well
Hostler and Singletary
Originally posted by redrathman:

Callahan has the title Assistant Head Coach, which prevents him from being interviewed without permission for any position other than Head Coach.

I'd love to read the article regarding Callahan and Harbaugh, considering Harbaugh has employed run first offenses with vertical passing and this would be completely contrary to Callahan's offense. The only connection between Harbaugh and Callahan is Jim's time as Quarterbacks Coach in Oakland.

Who is Callahan with right now?
Share 49ersWebzone