LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 138 users in the forums

Mike Singletary Fired

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by danimal:
You know its bad when your ex HC goes interviewing for LB coach jobs as his next job.

Where your demotion actually ends reveals your best fit in the league....and how much of a difference between roles and responsibilities between that an HC roles and respsonsibilities reflects upon how disillusioned the ones who selected him as HC really are.

Another shining example Niner ownership and ex management

Worst. Coach. Ever.

Seriously.

I every-time I think about that guy as our coach.
  • mike
  • Veteran
You can see singletary miked up here vs seattle if you haven't seen it already:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d81cef9c3/Sound-FX-Singletary-miked-up?module=HP_video

I've been watching for a few seconds now and I'm already shaking my head lol...His advice to alex is "just be good with the ball".

Other things:
-Singletary emphasizing constantly to make sure we're running and running, and running.
-I find it very troubling how little he knew about anything that happened on offense, when hasselbeck scored he immediately asked one of the assistants "what just happened?"
[ Edited by mike on Jan 12, 2011 at 4:47 PM ]
Originally posted by mike:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-sound-efx/09000d5d81cef9c3/Sound-FX-Singletary-miked-up?module=HP_video

I've been watching for a few seconds now and I'm already shaking my head lol...His advice to alex is "just be good with the ball".

I love how when they do something he's like "what the heck just happened!?!?!?" I mean dude, YOU'RE THE COACH can't you tell? And then TKO and Justin Smith looked PISSED when he was telling them "go sit down, yall are done!" Half the time he was yelling at guys running back to the sideline an they were just ignoring him like a little fly. The only guys who were paying attention to him seriously was like Dixon and a few defensive guys. He's telling PWillis "dont even worry about the tempo, just relax and go play ball!" and Pat is like "uhh yeah umm ok". "Hey Alex just be good with the ball!" and Alex is like "will do..."
I love that this subject no longer qualifies for Niner Talk.
I'm tellin' ya'll... that forward pass thing is just a fad. I would rather have another FB out there instead of a QB.
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jan 12, 2011 at 7:21 PM ]
I give all our players a pass for this year since they had Singletary as a head coach.

The guy was CLUELESS out there. If he didn't show up for the game we would have been better off. I think we would of been in the playoffs with even a crappy coach like Nolan or Erickson this year. We just got stuck with the worst coach of all time this year.
LMAO! WhoTF moved this to NFL Talk?
  • Dino
  • Veteran
What? Singletary got fired??
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by mike:

I love how when they do something he's like "what the heck just happened!?!?!?" I mean dude, YOU'RE THE COACH can't you tell? And then TKO and Justin Smith looked PISSED when he was telling them "go sit down, yall are done!" Half the time he was yelling at guys running back to the sideline an they were just ignoring him like a little fly. The only guys who were paying attention to him seriously was like Dixon and a few defensive guys. He's telling PWillis "dont even worry about the tempo, just relax and go play ball!" and Pat is like "uhh yeah umm ok". "Hey Alex just be good with the ball!" and Alex is like "will do..."

keep doing what you're doing, just want you to favor the run a little more than the pass (right after he dishes one to westbrook for a TD)
Share 49ersWebzone