LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 321 users in the forums

THE METRODOME IN MINNEAPOLIS HAS BEEN DESTROYED BY HEAVY SNOW!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by HessianDud:
damn, that's insane! If I lived in Minnesota right now I'd be f**king pissed. Not only are you stuck in the middle of a crazy storm, but that storm just sent your football team to Los Angeles.

possibly
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
damn, that's insane! If I lived in Minnesota right now I'd be f**king pissed. Not only are you stuck in the middle of a crazy storm, but that storm just sent your football team to Los Angeles.

possibly

the other possibility I see is that Zygi uses this as leverage to rape the city for a new stadium deal.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by LundyLove:
Just heard on the radio that the roof has co;;apsed and you cannot even see it above the roof

Wow

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2010/12/12/metrodome-roof-collapses/

yeah, funny huh? just when the start steak was ending....hmmm

You think they need a new stadium in Minnesota?

They said they considered playing it at University of Minnesota, but the Giants didn't bring any outdoor shoes or gear.
will there be fans in the stands?
Originally posted by global_nomad:
Just heard on the radio that the roof has co;;apsed and you cannot even see it above the roof

Wow

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/display/web/2010/12/12/metrodome-roof-collapses/

They said they considered playing it at University of Minnesota, but the Giants didn't bring any outdoor shoes or gear.

Them not being able to play at the University of Minnesota stadium was mainly due to the fact that the stadium is closed for the season and would have taken a few days to prepare it for a game.

It would suck to have to remove a foot and a half of snow from a stadium!

Poor Detroit - finally, a Monday night game at Ford Field and they aren't playing in it.
Originally posted by horsecore:

Wow

Them not being able to play at the University of Minnesota stadium was mainly due to the fact that the stadium is closed for the season and would have taken a few days to prepare it for a game.

It would suck to have to remove a foot and a half of snow from a stadium!

Poor Detroit - finally, a Monday night game at Ford Field and they aren't playing in it.

that's true. Fox also reported even if there was an outdoor alternative available, that the Giants didn't pack for an outdoor game.
Farve said if the game was today he would not have played

Yeah

They moved this game cause of favre
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Yeah

he's just an attention whore.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Yeah

he's just an attention whore.

I cannot wait until that piece of crap is out of the league.
Detroit fans get to see two games in two days. What luck! Although today they will be cheering their team and tomorrow they will be cheering the Giants.

sounds goooood
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
I hear the Giants can't play an outdorr game because they did not bring thier cold weather equipment

where o where could a private jet full of millionaires and their lackeys find cold weather gear in minnesota in time for a kickoff in ~36 hours? that kind of project would take weeks.

this could be the biggest hardship since bronko nagurski's personal assistant forgot to pack his aromatherapy candles for the team's 18 hour bus ride.

you think all they need is gloves?

I think there are ways to get that equipment to them and there are plenty of places in a cold weather state like Minnesota that sells such things....

Quit being pussies and man up and play

Oh I see

But really. it is not like they only need gloves to play outdoors in Minny and flights all over the country are screwed up bc of this storm. They need special cleats, gloves, jackets, space warmers etc that cant get flown in.

Niner fans cry about head sets, imagine your team unable to stay warm and have proper footing for a game. Or having to all rent cars to go buy this stuff on a Sunday
imagine if this happened in the middle of the game?

holy..looks like something out of an end of the world movie.
[ Edited by niner_empire on Dec 12, 2010 at 11:41 AM ]
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niner_empire:
imagine if this happened in the middle of the game?

Yup. How long would it take to completely reconstruct the roof so its 100% safe to play again? I know if I'm a fan I'm not going there for quite some time
Share 49ersWebzone