LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 146 users in the forums

Look for Michael Lewis to be looking to light someone up over the middle...

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SJniner7:

He will probably ask not to be blitzed! For all the love AP and others get for the RB skills, Gore has to be the best blocker out there, and a much better rounded RB than most, if not all in the league...

I know this thing. This thing you say... it is true.

Gore > All
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Mlewis is 1 concussion away from waking up on the field saying "Why the f*ck am I in a Rams uni?!" lol

He better hope they don't blitz him.

LOL!
Originally posted by zozell:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Fantastic.

He's one dimensional and doesn't have any sort of catch up speed.

Yea I see Gore leaving him in his socks if he gets alot of PT... He may get a nice hit on one of our WR's over the middle though...

That rarely happened here. Why would it start there?

He's so damn slow I'd expect him to get torched on a deep route before he lays any wood.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Nov 10, 2010 at 11:40 AM ]
I hope lewis plays so T. Smith can just throw one bomb to ginn over the top of him
more like look for Lewis to get burn several times by VD & Crabs

TAYLOR MAYS ALL DAY EVERYDAY BABY!!!

Bring it! We will be ready!
One thing to NOT underestimate is his anger toward this team. I remember countless times when a previous player comes back to "light it up" against his former team. I know he's chomping at the bit to play against us especially how everything went down in his eyes.

Never ever underestimate a pissed off Safety like Michael Lewis...the only thing is can he catch up.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
It is not his style of play to "light someone up". Expect a smart game from a pretty smart vet.

This, he will be doing what he does best, run support.
[ Edited by 49ersNoKaOi on Nov 10, 2010 at 12:10 PM ]
Originally posted by ninertico:
One thing to NOT underestimate is his anger toward this team. I remember countless times when a previous player comes back to "light it up" against his former team. I know he's chomping at the bit to play against us especially how everything went down in his eyes.

Never ever underestimate a pissed off Safety like Michael Lewis...the only thing is can he catch up.

This!
look for Vernon Davis to truck Michael Lewis, run right up the middle and score a TD with pieces of Michael Lewis still in his facemask

Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
look for Vernon Davis to truck Michael Lewis, run right up the middle and score a TD with pieces of Michael Lewis still in his facemask
I'm sure Mike Johnson is scheming up ways to isolate Lewis deep. If we can keep them guessing and force Lewis to stay in coverage, we should be able to move the ball pretty effectively. If we get predictable with our screens and running plays, Lewis will make some plays.

I look forward to seeing Troy air it out this weekend. Also, it's a good think he's mobile because the Rams are starting to assemble a nice pass rush.
Look for Michael Lewis to get another concussion trying to light up someone.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
cool. Pump fakes all day towards him.

exactly. at this point he should really just be essentially a nickel linebacker
let him try, with the new rules the defense has to allow the receiver to catch the ball before they hit them or else it is considered "an illegal hit on a defenseless receiver"
Share 49ersWebzone