LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 280 users in the forums

Kassim Osgood flees attack, leaves 19 year old girlfriend

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crzy:
I think the policy is one-sided.

Cheerleaders can get in trouble at work for dating players, but who will say anything to Patrick Willis if he wants to bang a few cheerleaders lol.

lol

-9fA
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by valrod33:
wait so she is a cheerleader?

He should be in a little bit of trouble then....I thought the NFL was strict about player cheerleader relations.

Alex Smith is married to an Oakland Raider cheerleader

I think its team specific when it comes to rules about dating players and cheerleaders

I actually don't know anything about it...other than I thought I had heard the NFL was strict about it. So strict actually that the players and cheerleaders actually generally obey it.

I tended to believe that without looking it up, because I think otherwise there would be tons of stories about players and cheerleaders hooking up. So the lack of stories like above makes me believe this unconfirmed rule more.

As for Alex Smith...maybe the rules are more about for your own team...but also...I thought she was an ex cheerleader...and was not even active when they got married either...but again I am not sure about that either.

I can certainly understand why the NFL would not want the players and cheerleaders hooking up

And yes, I believe you're right.

-9fA
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by TexasNiner:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5630137

So, 30 year old Kassim Osgood (Jags WR), jumps out of a second story window, while his 19 year old girlfriend exchanges gunfire with her 20 year old ex-boyfriend.

Way to man up Kassim, not only are you practically a pedophille, but you ditch your girl to play shoot 'em up with an armed assailant while you leap two stories to safety.

Hero of the week award to you Sir, nicely done.

Couple of quick thoughts:

I would like them to more clearly define "girlfriend." Are they really in a relationship?

I dont know too many 19 year old girls with gat, let alone one that knows how to use one and has the balls to pull the trigger. Either he's poking a hood rat or a white supremist!

Can you imagine the headline "Kassim Osgood involved in a shoot out." Thats gotta be the end of his career. For all we know the whole thing was a set up.

Bottom line, I need more details.

From what it sounds like she grabbed one of her parent's guns to defend herself from her gun wielding ex. I don't know why people are attacking her.

I agree though you need alot more details in order to bash Osgood on this one. 1. I'm not going to be one standing in a middle of a gun fight without a gun. 2. We don't even know if he knew she was leaving to a get a gun. He could of thought she made a break for it downstairs and then he realized he's got to get out of there too.

I get the point of "I'm afraid I'll get shot, and it's only kind of my problem" that most are saying. But am I, and Legbreaker, really the only people on here who think it's a b***h ass move to abandon a 19 year old girl potentially in mortal danger when you are a 30 year old man, who basically put her in that situation, and who if you were more responsible could have helped avoid it?

More and more details come out since I first read the story, including her being a Jags cheerleader, but still. She's a kid. No matter that it's legal, he's a grown man, and no matter what she looks like, she's a kid. He HAS to have been around the block enough to know what hooking up with some 19 year old breezy could mean.

He could have taken her to his place, or a hotel and been sly and/or protective about it. But he played like another 20 year old, and ended up dealing with some serious drama.

No matter how many of you disagree with me, if you are a man, an not just some similarly aged kid looking to get laid, if you are willing to hit it, and you KNOW the kind of s**t that might go down, you need to man up if the worst happens.

If a 19 year old girl is tough enough to deal with the "thug" coming in with a gun, and her 30 year old professional athlete "man" isn't, then I hope she strapped one on and did him, because he was the b***h in that relationship.

So, 30 year old Kassim Osgood (Jags WR), jumps out of a second story window, while his 19 year old girlfriend exchanges gunfire with her 20 year old ex-boyfriend.

Way to man up Kassim, not only are you practically a pedophille, but you ditch your girl to play shoot 'em up with an armed assailant while you leap two stories to safety.

I would like them to more clearly define "girlfriend." Are they really in a relationship?

I dont know too many 19 year old girls with gat, let alone one that knows how to use one and has the balls to pull the trigger. Either he's poking a hood rat or a white supremist!

Can you imagine the headline "Kassim Osgood involved in a shoot out." Thats gotta be the end of his career. For all we know the whole thing was a set up.

From what it sounds like she grabbed one of her parent's guns to defend herself from her gun wielding ex. I don't know why people are attacking her.

I agree though you need alot more details in order to bash Osgood on this one. 1. I'm not going to be one standing in a middle of a gun fight without a gun. 2. We don't even know if he knew she was leaving to a get a gun. He could of thought she made a break for it downstairs and then he realized he's got to get out of there too.

I get the point of "I'm afraid I'll get shot, and it's only kind of my problem" that most are saying. But am I, and Legbreaker, really the only people on here who think it's a b***h ass move to abandon a 19 year old girl potentially in mortal danger when you are a 30 year old man, who basically put her in that situation, and who if you were more responsible could have helped avoid it?

More and more details come out since I first read the story, including her being a Jags cheerleader, but still. She's a kid. No matter that it's legal, he's a grown man, and no matter what she looks like, she's a kid. He HAS to have been around the block enough to know what hooking up with some 19 year old breezy could mean.

He could have taken her to his place, or a hotel and been sly and/or protective about it. But he played like another 20 year old, and ended up dealing with some serious drama.

No matter how many of you disagree with me, if you are a man, an not just some similarly aged kid looking to get laid, if you are willing to hit it, and you KNOW the kind of s**t that might go down, you need to man up if the worst happens.

If a 19 year old girl is tough enough to deal with the "thug" coming in with a gun, and her 30 year old professional athlete "man" isn't, then I hope she strapped one on and did him, because he was the b***h in that relationship.

yep, you and legbreaker are the only ones

Texas you just gotta let it slide. 9 pages of gold, though!

I agree to an extent, but at the same time I just can't condemn the guy. I wasn't there. I can't tell you what was going thru his head when she took off downstairs to grab the gun. For all you know he might have thought she made a break for it, and now he had too as well.

I don't agree with you at all that he was being irresponsible because he had a date with her at her parent's house. Her crazy ex could have just as easily stalked them to a different location, and it's not like he should assume that they're being stalked by her ex.

The 19 year knew where the gun was in the house. He didn't.

I'm upset with all the posts saying f*ck the crazy b*tch, and it's just a lay she's not worth dying over. I don't agree with that at all. I don't care if you don't her at all. It's f*cked up to leave someone high and dry in that situation. That being said I can't tell you if that's what happened.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 30, 2010 at 4:24 PM ]

I agree to an extent, but at the same time I just can't condemn the guy. I wasn't there. I can't tell you what was going thru his head when she took off downstairs to grab the gun. For all you know he might have thought she made a break for it, and now he had too as well.

I don't agree with you at all that he was being irresponsible because he had a date with at her parent's house. Her crazy ex could have just as easily stalked them to a different location, and it's not like he should assume that they're being stalked by her ex.

I've got to re-read the story. Some of you are referencing details that weren't in any of the version I read. (like getting the gun in the house), so it must have been updated recently.

However, YES, as a 30 year old NFL pro, you should NOT be banging some girl in her parent's house.

A: As tempting as it is, you shouldn't be going after tail THAT young. At least 21 and living on their own. Is that TOO much to ask for a grown ass man with plenty of options?

B: Even if you are going to bang her, at her PARENT'S house? In what is probably her childhood bedroom? What are you, a 16 year old kid? Get a room, take her to your place, or your boy's place. Someplace private and secure where her parents, little brother, or maybe, just maybe, her psycho ex, won't show up and ruin things. Seriously man, grow up.

I mean, I felt a little scummy doing that (banging the 18-20 year old), in her parent's house that she still lived in when I was like 23+ and out of college and living on my own. How does a semi-rich/semi-famous, NFL pro athlete think that is right?

I don't agree with you at all that he was being irresponsible because he had a date with at her parent's house. Her crazy ex could have just as easily stalked them to a different location, and it's not like he should assume that they're being stalked by her ex.

I've got to re-read the story. Some of you are referencing details that weren't in any of the version I read. (like getting the gun in the house), so it must have been updated recently.

However, YES, as a 30 year old NFL pro, you should NOT be banging some girl in her parent's house.

A: As tempting as it is, you shouldn't be going after tail THAT young. At least 21 and living on their own. Is that TOO much to ask for a grown ass man with plenty of options?

B: Even if you are going to bang her, at her PARENT'S house? In what is probably her childhood bedroom? What are you, a 16 year old kid? Get a room, take her to your place, or your boy's place. Someplace private and secure where her parents, little brother, or maybe, just maybe, her psycho ex, won't show up and ruin things. Seriously man, grow up.

I mean, I felt a little scummy doing that (banging the 18-20 year old), in her parent's house that she still lived in when I was like 23+ and out of college and living on my own. How does a semi-rich/semi-famous, NFL pro athlete think that is right?

If you go to the link posted it says the intruder ordered them to sit down. At that point she escaped downstairs grabbed a gun, and then got into the gun fight. He remained upstairs barracaded himself in the room with a chair and jumped out thru the window.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Sep 30, 2010 at 4:35 PM ]
She doesn't look like she's 19....damn.

And we dont really know the situation. Was it his fault? Im thinking no. She is old enough to be a cheerleader on an NFL team, then obviously she is old enough to make her own decisions. And do we know how long they were dating each other? No.

Again Oz doesnt have any Rambo style training that Im aware of. He obviously wasnt expecting any sort of confrontation when he was with her. If there is a firefight going on, and you dont have a gun....would you really want to stick around? 95% here say no.
I'm sorry who goes to a chicks house to get some expecting a crazy ex to show up with a gun? I sure as hell don't! And the location is irrelevant, he could of easily been following them wherever they went. No way for Oz to know anything crazy was going to happen
WTF?!?!?!

Every MAN has seen enough Jackie chan flicks to know how to disarm an armed man with your bare hands!!!!! What a p***y!!!

You can watch the movies but when it your turn to be superman and chance to be an immortal god, you run?

Even if he loses and gets shot, his street cred would soar dead or alive!!

Possible rap career too!

And if you live you get serious ass!!
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

Originally posted by ninerlifer:
And 19 is legal my friend. 11 years aint a big difference. Im 34 and I date a 22 year old. Is that being almost a pedophile?

Can I get some of that mojo?

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 30, 2010 at 9:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone