LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 309 users in the forums

If Gruden was our coach would we be 0-2 right now?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Turned on ESPN Radio (Colin Cowherd) this morning and caught the tail end of a segment. Colin Cowherd was talking about Gruden would be the perfect fit for the 49ers and how we have a lot of key position players on the team. He talked about how this is a Quarterbacks league and imagine if we had a Kurt Warner or Aaron Rodgers on our team. He mentioned that Gruden and the 49ers make a lot of sense since he coached in the Bay Area before. Just got me thinking about how weak our coaching and our personnel department is. They hired a coach who can't call plays and doesn’t know the "X and O's" but is one hell of a motivational speaker. Well speeches don't win games (unless you’re Ronnie Lott). Honestly, if Gruden was our coach, do you think we would even be 0-2 right now?
If Gruden was our coach we would have 7 Qbs on our roster
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
If Sing fails this year I hope the niners hire Gruden.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
If Gruden was our coach we would have 7 Qbs on our roster

And one might be actually worth something.
I think the coaching is to blame in both losses. I`d bet we would be 2-0 with Gruden right now. Gruden would do wonders for Alex Smith. Look what he did with Rich Gannon. Gruden knows his stuff!
we'd probably cut patrick willis and frank gore

to have roster spots for Nate Davis and Jarret

Gruden took the team that Tony Dungy spent six years building to the Super Bowl in 2002. People forget that he took the Buccaneers to the playoffs in just three of his seven seasons in Tampa Bay.

I highly doubt the team would be better off with Gruden.
Maybe won game 1, but last week those turnovers were on the players not the coaches.
Originally posted by Dominate:
I think the coaching is to blame in both losses. I`d bet we would be 2-0 with Gruden right now. Gruden would do wonders for Alex Smith. Look what he did with Rich Gannon. Gruden knows his stuff!

Interesting that Rich Gannon's best statistical season was with Bill Callahan as Head Coach, and even more interesting that Gannon's production fell off once Callahan was fired by Davis.
stopped reading at (Colin Cowherd).

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
yes
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Yes.

Although I'd love to have Gruden in this ORGANIZATION, Mike Singletary is our head coach.
If my aunt had balls would she be my uncle???

I doubt we would've lost the opening game, or at least as sloppily as we did, but you never know, Gruden WAS fired, and had some pretty bad years in TB. But he is a good coach overall and we probably would have better preperation.
no cuz Raye wouldn't be our OC. And I firmly believe our OC is a huge problem in this organization.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Dominate:

Interesting that Rich Gannon's best statistical season was with Bill Callahan as Head Coach, and even more interesting that Gannon's production fell off once Callahan was fired by Davis.

Injuries did Gannon in, IMO.
Share 49ersWebzone