LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 299 users in the forums

Would u want a shorter Preseason??

Shop 49ers game tickets

Would u want a shorter Preseason??

I was just wondering what everyones opinion is.

I personally want only a 2 game preseason.

Discuss..
[ Edited by Eli_23 on Aug 23, 2010 at 6:18 PM ]
  • Chief
  • Veteran
If it's an 18 game season sure, 2 preseason games.

But honestly, I like the format we have now. Don't change a thing!
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I think the current setup is perfect.

4 games in the pre-season gives you plenty of time to judge talent and get players ready.

And the 16 game season is a strenuous, long season..but not too long/short.

Plus, we have playoffs after.
I would go to 2 preseason games,

18 game season,

3 bye weeks,

and extend the rosters.

I think the owners and the players would be happy. More money for the owners and game checks for the players.

More bye weeks to protect the players health and gives them some time to recover.
not if it means they go to an 18 game season
Yes, I'm tired of stars taking games off because they are nicked up.

That and I would rather pay full price for a ticket that means something in the standings at the end of December.
only if it means larger rosters and at least 2 bye weeks
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

With an 18 game season, all the regular season records from the past will have to be separated from then on.

THIS. we should at least shorten the preseason to 3 games and add an extra bye week like teeohh said.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

With an 18 game season, all the regular season records from the past will have to be separated from then on.

your the first person i've heard say that, besides me of course...

But I absolutely dont want an 18 game schedule because of that. The NFL should remain at 16 games for the rest of eternity.

I actually wouldnt mind removing 2 preseason games all together. I hate to see players go down for something that doesn't even matter.

Set up a farm system league to undertake the development of young players and take the pre season down to 2. Max.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Come on 2 preseason games replaced by 2 regular season games. A longer season, more football? Who the hell doesn't like that?
[ Edited by mayo63 on Aug 24, 2010 at 5:21 AM ]
Originally posted by English:
Set up a farm system league to undertake the development of young players and take the pre season down to 2. Max.

this. there was a great idea by a writer on SI awhile back that proposed an 18 game schedule with NO preseason, but with a spring D-league of 8 teams or so composed of players from all teams. These teams would play a short round-robin kind of season with a mini playoff and championship game.

Personally, I like the season as it is. I like the preseason, I think its exciting to watch the young guys trying to make the team. I think its the best way to really get to know your team. But it sure looks like the owners want an 18 game season, and if that's the case, I like the idea outlined above.
yes, as long as they add the two games to the reg. season.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Come on 2 preseason games replaced by 2 regular season games. A longer season, more football? Who the hell doesn't like that?

absolutely 100% agree! i hate February through july/august because of the lack of football!
Share 49ersWebzone