LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 163 users in the forums

If the Jets were willing

Shop 49ers game tickets
With reports coming out that the Jets and Revis are in a stalemate that may result in him sitting out the season, there could become talk of them trying to deal him, in much the same way the Broncos dealt Cutler. The question if, what would you give up for him?

A few years ago the Vikings got Jared Allen fairly cheap, and he is very comparable, while last year the Bears paid massively for Cutler, who after all is a QB. I think the Allen trade was a clear rip-off, and I don't see Revis going that cheap. But at the same time I don't think the Jets have the leverage to ask for Cutler like compensation. Anyways, what would you think is a reasonable offer that you would be willing to make to the Jets?

(And no, they don't want Nate Clements).

Here's my suggestion:

-Next year's 1st
-Next year's 2nd
-Conditional 2012 2nd/1st
-Manny Lawson

If we add Revis to our team, then there's a very high likelihood of us drafting late. Therefore if Revis does work out we would be giving up a late 1st, a late 2nd and another late first. If he doesn't, then it would be a mid 1st, and 2 mid 2nds. Lawson will not be on this team as of 2010 regardless.

From the Jets standpoint, they get 3 premium picks, that they have used well in drafting recently. They are very very deep at the CB position, and they are thin at OLB.

Thoughts?
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Thoughts?

No.
clements isnt that bad we dont need revis and his fat ass contract which wont let us resign any of our players
  • fly15
  • Veteran
With reports coming out that the Jets and Revis are in a stalemate that may result in him sitting out the season, there could become talk of them trying to deal him, in much the same way the Broncos dealt Cutler. The question if, what would you give up for him?

A few years ago the Vikings got Jared Allen fairly cheap, and he is very comparable, while last year the Bears paid massively for Cutler, who after all is a QB. I think the Allen trade was a clear rip-off, and I don't see Revis going that cheap. But at the same time I don't think the Jets have the leverage to ask for Cutler like compensation. Anyways, what would you think is a reasonable offer that you would be willing to make to the Jets?

Here's my suggestion:

-Next year's 1st
-Next year's 2nd
-Manny Lawson

If we add Revis to our team, then there's a very high likelihood of us drafting late. Therefore if Revis does work out we would be giving up a late 1st, a late 2nd and another late first. If he doesn't, then it would be a mid 1st, and 2 mid 2nds. Lawson will not be on this team as of 2010 regardless.

From the Jets standpoint, they get 3 premium picks, that they have used well in drafting recently. They are very very deep at the CB position, and they are thin at OLB.

Thoughts?

All your options are great, but include Alex.....
the thought of getting revis and dumping lawson is extremely appealing and makes me a little giddy at the idea but......so unlikely that the jets would deal him, and he would still need to get the contract he wants, can we afford to give him that?

Here's my suggestion:

-Next year's 1st
-Next year's 2nd
-Manny Lawson

Thoughts?

My thoughts? You have too many posts to start a thread like this.
aubrayo franklin 2nd and 4th pick :)
I'm only saying no because I don't think it makes sense financially. We have so many contracts coming up this year and even though Revis is the best corner in football by miles I just can't do it until we get Davis locked up and have a QB locked up for the future.
No compa!
I would not give up a first and second for him, since a single CB isn't going to put our team over the top. Plus, trading for Revis would include us having to pay him what he wants, which is absolutely retarded. I hope that greedy b*****d gets fined for a whole season's pay, just because he wants to be the "highest paid corner"

Originally posted by SJniner7:
I would not give up a first and second for him, since a single CB isn't going to put our team over the top. Plus, trading for Revis would include us having to pay him what he wants, which is absolutely retarded. I hope that greedy b*****d gets fined for a whole season's pay, just because he wants to be the "highest paid corner"

You're forgetting what we paid Clements. A guy who can't hold Revis's jockstrap.

Revis is everything we wanted with Clements. A true shutdown corner with actual ball skills. If our cap situation was better I'd make this move in a heartbeat. Not that our cap situation is terrible we just have too many key players with expiring contracts.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Aug 9, 2010 at 21:32:47 ]
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by SJniner7:

You're forgetting what we paid Clements. A guy who can't hold Revis's jockstrap.

Revis is everything we wanted with Clements. A true shutdown corner with actual ball skills. If our cap situation was better I'd make this move in a heartbeat.

Revis wants over $15 million per year. We overpaid for Clements, but was necessary because nobody wanted to come here at the time. I just don't really think a CB would make that much of a difference especially since we would have to break the bank, and forego signing some of the other guys we have coming up.
I'd give up our next two years 1st round draft picks and Clements for him.

The money owed to Clements and the money we would owe our next first round draft picks should be enough to sign Revis to a deal.

Also, having the BEST CB in the NFL would make our defense retardedly good.
Nobody is going to trade the best CB in the league.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Nobody is going to trade the best CB in the league.
Share 49ersWebzone