South: Saints
Wild Card: Giants & Vikings

AFC
West: Chargers
East: Patriots
North: Ravens
South: Colts
Wild Card: Jets & Texans

+1 Agree Completely, Although the Patriots/Dolphins/Jets teams are hard to predict.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
AFC

1. Ravens
2. Colts
3. Chargers
4. Jets
5. Dolphins
6. Texans

NFC

1. Minnesota
2. New Orleans
3. Dallas
4. San Fransisco
5. Green Bay
6. Philadelphia
TIME TO BUST OUT MEH BRACKETS!

Yeah though, I see a lot of the "mid-talent" playoff teams of last season making a stronger push within the playoffs this year.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jul 2, 2010 at 1:24 AM ]
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Yeah though, I see a lot of the "mid-talent" playoff teams of last season making a stronger push within the playoffs this year.

The patriots will be lucky to make the playoffs this year. They will not be playing in the superbowl this year.
Originally posted by 23zack80:

The patriots will be lucky to make the playoffs this year. They will not be playing in the superbowl this year.

agreed
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

agreed
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

agreed

QFT. They won't make the playoffs.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

agreed

You kids are watching way too much sports-talk television!

The Pats are almost equal to the 49ers right now in overall talent/youth/QB mystery (not to mention they even have a far better coaching staff than us), and they play in the mediocre-ass AFC!

A lot of people forget that the AFC was so open/oblivious last season, that they had about 5-6 different wildcard teams before week 17 wrapped up. In fact 95% of the AFC's playoff favorites (as of now) cannot even dance with teams like Dallas, New Orleans, or even Minnesota for that matter. (Specially that wannabe-team San Diego, who year-after-year disguises itself as a powerhouse, but always seems to disappoint when the chips are down).

...Also you can't count out Bill Belechick.
[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jul 2, 2010 at 5:12 PM ]

I will not watch a minute of the SB if it's GB vs. NE.

agreed

The Pats are almost equal to the 49ers right now in overall talent/youth/QB mystery (not to mention they even have a far better coaching staff than us), and they play in the mediocre-ass AFC!

A lot of people forget that the AFC was so open/oblivious last season, that they had about 5-6 different wildcard teams before week 17 wrapped up. In fact 95% of the AFC's playoff favorites (as of now) cannot even dance with teams like Dallas, New Orleans, or even Minnesota for that matter. (Specially that wannabe-team San Diego, who year-after-year disguises itself as a powerhouse, but always seems to disappoint when the chips are down).

Aside from NineFour, I think the rest of us are only saying we highly doubt they'll be in the Super Bowl. I can see them in the playoffs easily. But the Super Bowl? No. Their defense just isn't good enough, and Welker is coming off of an injury.

agreed

Aside from NineFour, I think the rest of us are only saying we highly doubt they'll be in the Super Bowl. I can see them in the playoffs easily. But the Super Bowl? No. Their defense just isn't good enough, and Welker is coming off of an injury.

exactly

agreed

exactly

I wrote that partly just to talk some mess. However, I think that the Pats are overrated right now and that their division is tougher than in recent years. The Jets are SB caliber and the Dolphins are improving. Add in the Ravens, Bungles, Texans and Titans in the hunt for Wild Cards and I can see the Pats missing the playoffs.
Normally, I would agree that New England is the sort of team that can bounce back from any sort of playoff loss, and return to glory....a la the 49ers after the ass-beating we took in the medowlands in 1987.

However, watching them get picked apart, and beaten to a pulp by the Ravens was different. You could feel it as the images poured through our TV screens. We were witnessing the death of a dynasty.

I think that loss is going to have a greater effect than anything else on the Patriots going forward in 2010. I give the division to Miami. The Jets are not ready for the big-time, and I expect the usual sophmore slump from Sanchez. New England.....will be struggling to find their identity all year.
NFC
West: 49ers
East: Cowboys
North: Vikings
South: Saints
Wild Card: Giants & Packers

AFC
West: Chargers
East: Pats
North: Ravens
South: Colts
Wild Card: Dolphins & Bengals

Fixed. Texans and the Jets regress this season.
Share 49ersWebzone