LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 312 users in the forums

Will Matt Leinart lead the Cardinals to contend or not

Shop 49ers game tickets

Will Matt Leinart lead the Cardinals to contend or not

I want to know all of your opinions! Do you guys think Matt Leinart can pull it off in Arizona?
Additional question-
Do we have better chances with Alex smith?
Yes.
I think he could be decent. Was he ever horrible when he started? I don't remember. But I think Wells will be a bigger part of their offense.
Beanie Wells should have a much better season. He'll help take the load off Leinart.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think Leinart will be a decent starter in this league, he has a much better situation to start from. Good offensive minded coach, Fitzgerald, decent O-line and Wells. If he can't succeed off that in the next two-three years, he probably never will.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I honestly think Leinart will turn it around now and start playing good football.

With that said, I still don't think they will be able to outlast the 49ers this year.

49ers are the team to beat in this division.
I think Leinart will continue to be a bust. I've said that since before he was drafted.
I just hope that if Leinart increases his level of performance that Alex can match that so we can win this damn division.
He'll be what you'd expect from the QB of an 8-8 team. Close to 3000yds. maybe 15 TDs and 15 INTs.

They will probably have a decent running game too but I think when you break down their whole team vs the niners, the niners have a stronger team top to bottom.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I think Leinart will continue to be a bust. I've said that since before he was drafted.

Yes, I believe he will. He is not a bad QB he just has lacked FOCUS since entering the NFL. It started with him obtaining celebrity status from his career at USC then he was dating Paris Hilton and completely not focused on football. When he does focus he will be a force to reckon with.
The good news for the Niners is that even if Leinart plays well it probably will still be a drop-off from what Arizona had with Warner.
Originally posted by strickac:
Beanie Wells should have a much better season. He'll help take the load off Leinart.

He excelled last year because he had Warner as his qb. This year with everybody stacking the box because no one is afraid of Leinart were going to find out how good he really is.
To contend...yeah.
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by strickac:

He excelled last year because he had Warner as his qb. This year with everybody stacking the box because no one is afraid of Leinart were going to find out how good he really is.

Not to mention they lost Boldin to the Ravens, which eases the threat of dual elite WRs. Breaston is decent but he seems to just be good in the slot and Doucet was looking pretty good, but neither of them are Boldin.
Share 49ersWebzone