There are 219 users in the forums

Best Off-Season's: NFC and AFC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Ok, so with the draft done, and FA pretty much all said and done, whick team(s) Had the best offseason in both NFC and AFC, for fun exclude the niners.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Ok, so with the draft done, and FA pretty much all said and done, whick team(s) Had the best offseason in both NFC and AFC, for fun exclude the niners.

AFC- Jets
NFC- Seahawks got significantly better I think.
Originally posted by Dajanksta:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

AFC- Jets
NFC- Seahawks got significantly better I think.

this
Also, i hate to say it, but the raiders got a little bit better..
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
NFC: Detroit Lions

Major additions:
KVB, Burleson, (Free Agents)
Shaun Hill, Rob Sims, Tony Scheffler, Chris Houston (Trade)
Suh, Best, Spievey, Jason Fox (Draft)

Suh and KVB will duplicate what Schwartz used to have in Tennessee, and have a nice strong D-Line.
Jahvid Best will provide a major spark plug for the offense, and Burleson could have a real nice year with Calvin Johnson getting so much attention. Also Tony Scheffler is a real good pass catching TE and gives Stafford another weapon.
Houston and Spievey add some decent players to their secondary.
Jason Fox was once though of as a 2nd rounder at OT and Sims could be a solid OG for them too.
Hill provides nice depth at QB and has shown here in SF that he can come in and play well for a couple games here and there.

Last Years record: 2-14
Prediction for next year: 7-9

AFC: New York Jets

Major additions:
Cromartie, Holmes (Trade)
LT, Brodney Pool, Jason Taylor (Free Agents)
Kyle Wilson, Ducasse, McKnight (Draft)

Not gonna go in to as much detail BUT they added some really good talent via FA and Trades. That secondary is ridiculous (Revis, Cromartie, Kyle Wilson, Pool, Leonard) good luck passing on them. Added veteran leadership with LT and Taylor which they sorely needed.

Then Santonio Holmes, suspended for first 4 games but come week 5? Braylon Edwards, Holmes, Cotchery and Keller. Thats an amazing set of weapons for Sanchez, and he will be going in to his 2nd year in the same offense. This team is scary good.

Last year record: 9-7 (Championship Game)
Prediction for next season: 11-5 (Championship Game)

[ Edited by Kalen49ers on Apr 26, 2010 at 17:20:13 ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Yeah, I agree with you on this. I was surprised the Raiders actually drafted people they needed instead of projects. Somebody must have knocked out Al right before the draft.
Originally posted by Giggidy:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Yeah, I agree with you on this. I was surprised the Raiders actually drafted people they needed instead of projects. Somebody must have knocked out Al right before the draft.

I think they'll continue to have some surprise wins and will definitely be better than they were last year. Without an Oline though, they won't make any big noise.
AFC-Ravens
NFC-Seahawks
Share 49ersWebzone