LISTEN: The 49ers Pick Is In! →

There are 305 users in the forums

Marshall traded to DOLPHINS for 2 second rounders

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Marshall+South Beach=trouble

I can already see more off field issues.
Marshall not in the nfc west.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Just heard on ESPN radio it's a 4 year 47 million dollar extension 24 million guaranteed for Marshall

crazy!!!
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pelos21:

This

The AFC East should be fun to watch this year.
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by Esco:

This

The AFC East should be fun to watch this year.

Wow two 2nd rounders... that's legit. I'm excited to see him versus Darelle Revis! What a bunch of great match-ups now. Revis vs. Marshall and Cromartie vs. Ginn/Bess. Power running versus wildcat. Jets vs. Mia will be some of the best games of the year (on paper)
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Miami will have a dangerous offense. Last year they had the 6th best offense in the AFC, so they were already pretty good.

Now they got Brandon Marshall to use, and they are obviously pretty creative with getting their playmakers the ball.

They're still missing a running back.

Ronnie Brown has been often injured and while Ricky is a decent back, I don't think you can count on him to carry the load.

I like the move for Miami. I think it's a fair price. Marshall got what he wanted as well - to get paid.

The AFC East is becoming a tough division....

-9fA
McDaniels is running that team into the ground
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Miami will have a dangerous offense. Last year they had the 6th best offense in the AFC, so they were already pretty good.

Now they got Brandon Marshall to use, and they are obviously pretty creative with getting their playmakers the ball.

They're still missing a running back.

Ronnie Brown has been often injured and while Ricky is a decent back, I don't think you can count on him to carry the load.

I like the move for Miami. I think it's a fair price. Marshall got what he wanted as well - to get paid.

The AFC East is becoming a tough division....

-9fA

I think you're being too harsh on their RB situation.
Originally posted by danimal:

I'm not sure about McDaniels either. He acted poorly when he first came on board. Big head. now he's going to have to make amends.

But the Broncos do have a boatload of draft picks. Let's see what they get accomplished with those.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rsrkshn:

I'm not sure about McDaniels either. He acted poorly when he first came on board. Big head. now he's going to have to make amends.

But the Broncos do have a boatload of draft picks. Let's see what they get accomplished with those.

I think they did well with this trade all things considered. I mean McDaniels is in it for the long run and those 2 2nd rounders should go very far.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Suprising, didn't think Marshall was a Parcells guy.

Wasn't Parcells coach of the Jets when Keyshawn was there? I also want to say he was the Cowboys' coach during Owens' first year, but don't quote me on it.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giggidy:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Suprising, didn't think Marshall was a Parcells guy.

Wasn't Parcells coach of the Jets when Keyshawn was there? I also want to say he was the Cowboys' coach during Owens' first year, but don't quote me on it.

I think you're right. And guys like Parcells and Sparano could be exactly what Marshall needs
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I think they did well with this trade all things considered. I mean McDaniels is in it for the long run and those 2 2nd rounders should go very far.

Yup.

Denver were going to HAVE to unload Marshall given all the history. For that reason they maximized their return and you could even say that the Dolphins overpaid.

Then again, if they didn't shell out, thay may not have got him. Probably a win-win.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

Yup.

Denver were going to HAVE to unload Marshall given all the history. For that reason they maximized their return and you could even say that the Dolphins overpaid.

Then again, if they didn't shell out, thay may not have got him. Probably a win-win.

I'm sure McDaniels is glad he's gone for now. Might be dying for someone with the gamebreaking ability of a Brandon Marshall come season time
Share 49ersWebzone