There are 272 users in the forums

Philly vs Washington

Shop 49ers game tickets

Philly vs Washington

The analysts on ESPN and their sportsnation poll both pick Washington to be better than Philly now that they have McNabb. I think this is ridiculous. Washington was the fourth worst team in the NFL last year and they had many holes other than quarterback. IMO Kevin Kolb is worse than McNabb but not that much worse, and the only other starter I can think of that they lost is Sheldon Brown which isn't a huge loss and can certainly be addressed with either their 1st round pick or one of their two 2nd round picks. I think Philly is clearly the better team. I think Washington will struggle to get out of the cellar of the NFC East.
Kolb sucks
Im taking Washington in this too. Not by a landslide, but McNabb and Shanahan will make that team dangerous. Add that to the fact that McNabb knows the Eagles inside and out, and I think Washington has the upper hand.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Im taking Washington in this too. Not by a landslide, but McNabb and Shanahan will make that team dangerous. Add that to the fact that McNabb knows the Eagles inside and out, and I think Washington has the upper hand.

Ditto
Originally posted by valrod33:
Kolb sucks
He's the only quarterback to throw for over 300 yards in each of his first two starts. He was also a very high second round pick so his high production didn't come out of nowhere. He has also gotten the chance to sit behind and learn from Donovan McNabb for a few years. There is a reason the Eagles felt comfortable trading McNabb. It's because Kolb doesn't suck.
NFC East is strong!
Originally posted by Draftology:
Kolb sucks
He's the only quarterback to throw for over 300 yards in each of his first two starts. He was also a very high second round pick so his high production didn't come out of nowhere. He has also gotten the chance to sit behind and learn from Donovan McNabb for a few years. There is a reason the Eagles felt comfortable trading McNabb. It's because Kolb doesn't suck.

Ok that first game was against the Saints and they were getting their ass kicked so they threw all damn game trying to catch up and he threw 3 ints that game and the other game was against the Chiefs.
I hope Kolb sucks dick, I wanna us to MURDER the f**kin' Eagles.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Kolb sucks

Ok that first game was against the Saints and they were getting their ass kicked so they threw all damn game trying to catch up and he threw 3 ints that game and the other game was against the Chiefs.

This...

His previous performances leaves no reason to believe he will do well.
McNabb has carried that offense for over a decade. Philly fans are in for a rude awakening.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Don't see how a team with new coach system and QB will win a lot of games

I'd guess Washington wins a handful of games
What a lot of people are missing is the major leadership on the field and in the locker room the Eagles have just lost. Basically in the last 2 years they lost arguably there best DB of all time of of there better RB's of all time and there best QB of all time. that's a lot of veteran leadership that has completely left the locker room. Eagles now have the lamest qb in the division that pretty much puts yo on the bottom unless you got the Ravens 02 defense coming out the locker room.
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Kolb sucks

This...

His previous performances leaves no reason to believe he will do well.
If his previous performances don't lead us to believe he won't do well, then why would the Eagles trade McNabb. If Kolb wasn't ready give him one more year to sit behind McNabb and learn. The Eagles had to have seen something in him during those two games.
A good QB makes a HUGE difference. This is what the 49ers front office brass has never understood The rest of the team, INCLUDING THE O-LINE, look/perform better with a good QB.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Don't see how a team with new coach system and QB will win a lot of games

I'd guess Washington wins a handful of games

Miami, Atlanta, New Orleans, Jets...
Share 49ersWebzone