LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 272 users in the forums

Vernon Davis

Shop 49ers game tickets
VDs a terrible negotiator.
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

I'm thinking it may be more simple than that...
Dude is just stupid.
No big deal, just run fast, block well, and catch.
All will be well.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JimHarbaugh:

I recall correctly earlier in this thread somebody mentioned that Davis has gotten two of the highest paid contracts ever given to a tight end.

If that is true, and I am not sure that it is, somebody has done a good job negotiating for him.

And, I do think most players do not negotiate their own contracts.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
maybe he understood that the way to negotiate is NOT to be a hold out. maybe some of his team mates convinced him it was futile to hold out. and just maybe he thought he would play a small game of chicken with the niners, seeing they would not blink he got back on board. i do not think he was ever off board in the first place. it really does not matter about this so called "change of heart". he probably had no intention of ever holding out once camp starts in the first place. hopefully the shrill will calm down , for a while there vernon had replaced craig dahl as the webzones favorite whipping boy. god forbid the first time he drops a pass
I think he realized that he made a mistake and now he's trying to backtrack.
VD is holding out not only bc this may be his last chance to cash in big time, but also bc he has leverage since McDonald is a huge drop off if VD were to sit this year
Vernon trying to suck up to the other players on his Facebook page.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
he'll be ahite
I'm not sure if Vernon's trolling us on Facebook or if he's actually being serious with all these posts
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
in my opinion, you guys care to much about what vernon says in a tweet or on facebook or wherever else. he has caused no distractions with the team, he has caused no locker room divide(despite the shrill you hear from some parts of the webzone). this was a non story from day one, or at least a very minor story but of course everyone had to blow it up by trying to generate or create holes in his game or his mindset as a player and team mate

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
in my opinion, you guys care to much about what vernon says in a tweet or on facebook or wherever else. he has caused no distractions with the team, he has caused no locker room divide(despite the shrill you hear from some parts of the webzone). this was a non story from day one, or at least a very minor story but of course everyone had to blow it up by trying to generate or create holes in his game or his mindset as a player and team mate

I just want a large Razzmatazz smoothie with whey protein and antioxidants

Has he really changed that much?
Oh yeah... or at least he's putting up one helluva facade. Went from Baby T.O. to a lame hipster in a couple of years.
Originally posted by cciowa:

It is kind of weird though, because he normally only posts stuff about once every couple days, and now there has been a ton of postings just in the last couple hours... Not sure what he is up to, but it is out of the norm...
Originally posted by SJniner7:
It is kind of weird though, because he normally only posts stuff about once every couple days, and now there has been a ton of postings just in the last couple hours... Not sure what he is up to, but it is out of the norm...

what do you mean all the "awards"? Personally I think hes just bored.
Share 49ersWebzone