There are 295 users in the forums

Trade for Kevin Kolb bandwagon

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • TheHitman
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Lots of talent, and has received top notch QB coaching over the last few years. Hop on the bandwagon!

Wtf
?!!?
Originally posted by TheHitman:
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:
Lots of talent, and has received top notch QB coaching over the last few years. Hop on the bandwagon!

Wtf
?!!?

What do you mean?
as the bandwagon rolls by.
  • Ny2ThaBay09
  • Info N/A
i wouldn't give up more than a 3rd and 5th
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by krizay:
I've been driving this bandwagon for quite some time.

Kevin Kolb!

1st, 3rd & a 5th for him

I'd take away the 5th and add a next year's 2nd if I had to.

I'd trade a 1st and 3rd for Kolb or McNabb. McNabb just seems like he'd fit perfectly with Singletary's philosophy.

We aquired that extra 1st rounder to get a QB. If Philly's ready to part with one of them we got to jump at the oppurtunity.

Wow. Seriously?

He's started two games this season. One against NO and another against KC.
NO: 31/51 391 yards, 2 TDs 3 INTs
KC: 24/34 327 yards, 2 TDs

What's so special?

-9fA
I'd love a solution like this but I just doubt they would let him go
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

Kevin Kolb!

1st, 3rd & a 5th for him

I'd trade a 1st and 3rd for Kolb or McNabb. McNabb just seems like he'd fit perfectly with Singletary's philosophy.

We aquired that extra 1st rounder to get a QB. If Philly's ready to part with one of them we got to jump at the oppurtunity.

Wow. Seriously?

What's so special?

-9fA

f**k yes I'd take him next year..just make sure you draft some good OL...300+ yards in his first 2 games

if we don't someone will and we'll all be wishing we had him..just like Schaub.

[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Nov 14, 2009 at 22:16:17 ]
anybody who thinks the Eagles would trade Kolb is a moron, first off Mcnabb is always hurt, 2nd Mcnabb is not gonna be if Philly much longer so why trade a possible future franchise QB.

The eagles would really have to be high, drunk and anal raped in order to make this trade.
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

Kevin Kolb!

1st, 3rd & a 5th for him

do you remember? the 49ers gave Owens to the Eagles for 3 rounds.. but i thought it was 1st round for owens but Eagles was cheap mouth and gave the 49ers for 3 round for Owens!... why not gave up for 3rd that kevin kolb for 49ers??!! that is better fair!!!

Actually we had a trade with Balt for a 2nd or something. But T.O. didn't want to go to Balt. Then I could have swore the league was going to give us the #33 pick or something of that nature. But Again T.O. wanted to go to Philly. So we ended up with Brandon Freaking Whiting.

Oh yeah, i remmy it that.. i was watching that Brandon Whiting is DL correct? He was bad playing for the 49ers.. u know what? i said damn to Eagle's cheap mofo!! that was make me piss off..

[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Nov 14, 2009 at 22:43:29 ]
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Originally posted by crzy:
I'd give up a 2nd and a 3rd to make this happen. Maybe even one of our 1sts because we're desperate.

This

lmao. a 2nd and 4th would be a fair trade

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:

Kevin Kolb!

1st, 3rd & a 5th for him

Wow. Seriously?

What's so special?

-9fA

f**k yes I'd take him next year..just make sure you draft some good OL...300+ yards in his first 2 games

if we don't someone will and we'll all be wishing we had him..just like Schaub.

yea 9er aus is nuts. he's a rookie so those 3 int's pretty much cancel out. didn't sanchez have 5 picks in a game this year ?
kolb isn't a rookie
I'm just asking what people see in him since some are ready to trade half a draft for when he's only played two games...

..and two games that i doubt anybody here has watched.

-9fA
  • krizay
  • Veteran
I'm just asking what people see in him since some are ready to trade half a draft for when he's only played two games...

..and two games that i doubt anybody here has watched.

-9fA

Actually I watched both. Aside from one bad ball he threw right to the Saints defender. He looked pretty damn good. To me he showed he can play.

My rationale is... If we are going to draft a QB in the 1st round.( which I understand isn't a guarantee) Why not just trade for a young guy who looks like he can already play. He has what, 2-3 years under his belt. Allbeit from the sidelines watching and learning. But the curve is that much less with him. For that little bit of "sideline experience" i'd trade away a 3rd round pick. We wouldn't use it right anyway most likely. And what's a 5th rounder?

Our team is ready to win now. Aside from the O-line. Which can also be addressed this offseason. If we draft a QB and have to wait 2-3 years. Then we are likely going to have more holes to fill elsewhere by the time they are ready.

Kevin Kolb or Sam Bradford in 010 or Bust!
Originally posted by valrod33:
anybody who thinks the Eagles would trade Kolb is a moron, first off Mcnabb is always hurt, 2nd Mcnabb is not gonna be if Philly much longer so why trade a possible future franchise QB.

The eagles would really have to be high, drunk and anal raped in order to make this trade.

By the end of 2010 one of them will be gone for sure. Now if (that's a big if though) they resign McNabb this offseason that puts Kolb on the market. Donovan's turning 33 this month. If Philly resigns him he's there for the foreseeable future and Kolb bolts 1st chance he gets (2011) They'd be high or drunk to trade a 1st rounder for a backup QB? Them and 31 other franchises.

Kolb's not there to be a backup in case of injury. He's there because he's Philly's plan B. If Philly commits to plan A he's no longer needed.

[ Edited by tjd808185 on Nov 15, 2009 at 08:29:01 ]
Share 49ersWebzone