LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 253 users in the forums

What happened to Eric Johnson?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
I think he got hurt while playing for the Saints, got cut, and didn't make another roster...pretty weird, the guy was a good pass catcher, and a decent blocker.

He was always hurt though.

Way too many injuries.
I use to work with someone who said he was pretty good friends with him. He straight up told me dude is a juicer.

I was never big on the guy, but boy he did have a lot of zoners swinging from his nuts at one point
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by RDB4216:
I think he got hurt while playing for the Saints, got cut, and didn't make another roster...pretty weird, the guy was a good pass catcher, and a decent blocker.

Actually he was never much of a blocker, and was a very overrated receiver too. The hype around him was that he was good, but that was it - hype. He had zero RAC ability, and he dropped more balls than TO! I remember watching a game where he had 4 or 5 drops, it was pathetic - but there was John Madden rambling on about how great his hands were??? I don't think he was even watching the game, just reading his cue cards. I was glad to see him go! Eric Johnson - and John Madden!

Why would you even post something like this?

The truth is; he was a WR in college and worked hard on his blocking with the 49ers, and became a decent, not great blocking TE.

TEs are not supposed to get RAC but Johnson did have some decent games.

As to him having "4 or 5 drops" in a single game=

I was a season-ticket holder the entire time he was with the 49ers, and I never saw the player you describe.

Why would I post something like this? Um maybe because it's true?

Funny how you point out that he was a WR in college, then defend him by saying "TE's" aren't supposed to get RAC. I guess guys like Brent Jones and Tony Gonzales never got that memo - and I really hope that Vernon Davis doesn't believe that!

really? Well just because YOU don't remember it, doesn't make it so. Do a google search for "Eric Johnson dropped pass 49ers", and watch how MANY articles pop up about him doing that in game after game. Well, at least the games he wasn't too injured to actually play in...
Originally posted by dj43:

Actually he was never much of a blocker, and was a very overrated receiver too. The hype around him was that he was good, but that was it - hype. He had zero RAC ability, and he dropped more balls than TO! I remember watching a game where he had 4 or 5 drops, it was pathetic - but there was John Madden rambling on about how great his hands were??? I don't think he was even watching the game, just reading his cue cards. I was glad to see him go! Eric Johnson - and John Madden!

Why would you even post something like this?

The truth is; he was a WR in college and worked hard on his blocking with the 49ers, and became a decent, not great blocking TE.

TEs are not supposed to get RAC but Johnson did have some decent games.

As to him having "4 or 5 drops" in a single game=

I was a season-ticket holder the entire time he was with the 49ers, and I never saw the player you describe.

Why would I post something like this? Um maybe because it's true?

Funny how you point out that he was a WR in college, then defend him by saying "TE's" aren't supposed to get RAC. I guess guys like Brent Jones and Tony Gonzales never got that memo - and I really hope that Vernon Davis doesn't believe that!

really? Well just because YOU don't remember it, doesn't make it so. Do a google search for "Eric Johnson dropped pass 49ers", and watch how MANY articles pop up about him doing that in game after game. Well, at least the games he wasn't too injured to actually play in...

Damn what a hater. Didn't he have like 80+something catches one yr?
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
we made the biggest mistake ever by dropping him

lol
Share 49ersWebzone