There are 224 users in the forums

Eli Manning Injury = Bad News for Giants

Shop 49ers game tickets
Well kids. Time to bring this back up to the front. When Eli responded to his injury a week later by destroying the Raiders, I thought, "OK, so I really don't know what I'm talking about and Eli is fine."

Guess again. Three losses and counting now -- including an upset loss to the Cardinals.

Manning threw two more interceptions this past Sunday against the Eaglets and was overthrowing his receivers right and left -- all day long.

It's a sign -- to me -- that the Achilles injury is still bothering him quite a bit. If you can't plant your foot during the throwing motion your passes tend to flutter. And they were fluttering quite a bit on him last weekend.

Now -- kids -- when your defense gives up 40-plus points a game? Offense isn't the problem. Manning isn't entirely to blame for this sudden breakdown. But I have a feeling that the Achilles is playing a role in his recent performances -- and the team just isn't saying anything about it.

We'll see.
You deserve three gold stars and a high five.

I know where my gambling money is going now!
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Well kids. Time to bring this back up to the front. When Eli responded to his injury a week later by destroying the Raiders, I thought, "OK, so I really don't know what I'm talking about and Eli is fine."

Guess again. Three losses and counting now -- including an upset loss to the Cardinals.

Manning threw two more interceptions this past Sunday against the Eaglets and was overthrowing his receivers right and left -- all day long.

It's a sign -- to me -- that the Achilles injury is still bothering him quite a bit. If you can't plant your foot during the throwing motion your passes tend to flutter. And they were fluttering quite a bit on him last weekend.

Now -- kids -- when your defense gives up 40-plus points a game? Offense isn't the problem. Manning isn't entirely to blame for this sudden breakdown. But I have a feeling that the Achilles is playing a role in his recent performances -- and the team just isn't saying anything about it.

We'll see.

He hurt his Achilles?
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by billbird2111:

We'll see.

He hurt his Achilles?

Yes, against KC he aggravated it pretty badly. A previous poster on Page 2 dug up some previous reports that indicate that he's been dealing with this for awhile. But something snapped in the KC game. It was so bad that he couldn't put pressure on his foot.

I thought the Giants were done then -- but a week later the kid comes back (Manning) and just annihilates Oakland. So -- perhaps the injury wasn't as bad as I thought.

Now we have three losses in a row -- and Manning has thrown either six or eight interceptions during that span.

Clearly, something is bothering Eli
Share 49ersWebzone