LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart on Day Two of the Draft →

There are 290 users in the forums

Who is the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys?

Shop 49ers game tickets
Reading this article, I have never heard of an owner talk about the status of an injured player in an upcoming game. I thought this was job of the head coach. I am sure there are owners out there that call shots from behind the scenes, but speak to the media about a player's injury? It seems like Jerry Jones is the actual coach, and Wade Philips is a merely a puppet.

LINK
same question could be posed to the raiders. is tom cable REALLY the coach?
Everyone that works for Al Davis and Jerry Jones is a puppet.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Yep.
You should listen to the fan station here in the Dallas Fort Worth area. No one thinks Phillips is HC material. All the talk has been about three people.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Reading this article, I have never heard of an owner talk about the status of an injured player in an upcoming game. I thought this was job of the head coach. I am sure there are owners out there that call shots from behind the scenes, but speak to the media about a player's injury? It seems like Jerry Jones is the actual coach, and Wade Philips is a merely a puppet.

LINK

jerry jones is the gm so that's why he talks about all of these things
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Yep.

Yup, that's pretty much it.
  • BobS
  • Veteran

That is a true statement, I do believe Jerry Jones is better at pulling the puppet strings than Al Davis. Al Davis has run the Raiders into the ground, at least the Cowboys are somewhat respectable.
Beyond the fact that Jerry is giving the report I can't believe he says "should be able to play". If Barber is still hurt it it makes him feel like he has to play because the owner is saying "he should play".

Originally posted by BobS:

That is a true statement, I do believe Jerry Jones is better at pulling the puppet strings than Al Davis. Al Davis has run the Raiders into the ground, at least the Cowboys are somewhat respectable.

How dare you say something positive about the Cowviejas!!!!

Share 49ersWebzone