There are 246 users in the forums

Nolans D in denver > SF

Shop 49ers game tickets
So far in 2 Series - two 3 & outs and pressure that I haven't seen in 12 Quarters for SF has been done in the 1st 4 minutes.

• iohk
  • Veteran
you're funny
Yup it's funny our Rush is a joke
  • iohk
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Yup it's funny our Rush is a joke

Nolan did inherit the best cover corner in the game. That helps when you don't have to constantly drop extra people in coverage.
I am watching it, and i watched them last week against the seahawks. They bring blitzers every down, we havent yet so far in preseason.

But they look way better than our d, and I thought we had better players??

maybe manusky sucks?
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I am watching it, and i watched them last week against the seahawks. They bring blitzers every down, we havent yet so far in preseason.

But they look way better than our d, and I thought we had better players??

maybe manusky sucks?

So was Nolan running his style with mediocre talent ?
And now that be has personel his style ain't that bad afterall.
Dang .. ... ... This is depressing
I dont think Nolan has ran his vaunted "Big Nickel" defense yet.

He is probably saving it for the regular season
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
You guys can hate on Nolan all you want but dude knows his defense.As a defensive coordinator he has a a top 10 defense 8 out of 13 years he has done it.All people think about are his horrible clock management skills
They look decent simply b/c Dumervil can actually pressure the QB.

facepalm @ this thread
Dummerville, champ, and a still serviceable dawkins will do that to a defense. Adams is not playing that bad either at the NT spot.

Depressing, yes. But nolan was never only our D coach, he had additional responsibilities that made him unsuccessful in SF.
looking at the halftime score...... i guess this thread came a little premature.......

Originally posted by 9er2k:
You guys can hate on Nolan all you want but dude knows his defense.As a defensive coordinator he has a a top 10 defense 8 out of 13 years he has done it.All people think about are his horrible clock management skills

well that along with:

clock management.....
personnel management.....
people skills........
judge of talent...
etc......

pretty much everything that separates someone from being a solid coordinator (which Nolan definitely is) from being a good head coach (which Nolan is not).

...and i was defending him the first couple of years (I gave up towards the middle of year 3).

Honestly he may turn that D into a solid one... if he doesn't get fired along with Josh McDaniels that is...
it's pre-season. go take a look back at the 49ers packers game from last pre-season when we had 4 sacks in the first half.

it doesn't mean dick. nolans D is probably going to suck balls (just like our defense)
Share 49ersWebzone