There are 205 users in the forums

Carolina Panthers watch

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • hcniner64
  • Info N/A
Could this be the best trade Scotty has ever made? I mean who ever thought carolina would have this high of a pick after the season they had last year. I know last year I was expecting it to be in the 20's. It may be as high as 5-8, thats just plain awsome.
Originally posted by hcniner64:
Could this be the best trade Scotty has ever made? I mean who ever thought carolina would have this high of a pick after the season they had last year. I know last year I was expecting it to be in the 20's. It may be as high as 5-8, thats just plain awsome.

depends on whoever we select with their pick pans out or not.
  • hcniner64
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

True but I hope our drafting if competant enough to pick someone with a top 10 overall pick who is better than everette brown. Is that so hard to do?
One interesting thing about the draft article is Scot talks about all the cap room to do something big. I see SF making a big play in FA and really adding to this team. Next year this team could be really special.

True but I hope our drafting if competant enough to pick someone with a top 10 overall pick who is better than everette brown. Is that so hard to do?

You asked who would've thought this pick would be so high. Well, I guess you weren't part of the webzone discussions last year. Most posters guessed the pick would be very high. Also when Scotty was interviewed right after the trade, he mentioned looking at Carolina's schedule and expected the pick to be high.
Originally posted by kronik:

You asked who would've thought this pick would be so high. Well, I guess you weren't part of the webzone discussions last year. Most posters guessed the pick would be very high. Also when Scotty was interviewed right after the trade, he mentioned looking at Carolina's schedule and expected the pick to be high.

Quite a lot of webzoners were happy with the trade. I remember thinking myself that the trade was fair given Carolina's schedule and their prior record.

But either way, few predicted Carolina to implode like they have. Most here predicted a 15-16 pick. Few thought that the trade would result in a top 10 pick.

-9fA
what i realized with carolina is theyre good every other yr. next yr they'll be good again
Originally posted by kronik:

I was happy with the trade at the time, but it's sort of like having to wait an entire year to open a XMAS present. It didn't take a rocket scientist to see that Carolina's schedule was brutal. I figured they would finish about 8-8 and the pick would be a mid first rounder. Now it looks like it will be about a #10..

Great move Scotty!!
so does matt moore's start over delhomme this sun. help us ?? i actually think anyone BUT delhomme can play well in carolina
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
so does matt moore's start over delhomme this sun. help us ?? i actually think anyone BUT delhomme can play well in carolina

Matt Moore FTL

I hope...

Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

It may hurt us if it forces Carolina to emphasis the run more. I believe both Williams and Stewart are healthy, correct?
they finally benched delhomme?
Originally posted by teeohh:

I believe he broke his finger.
Originally posted by Overkill:
Originally posted by teeohh:

I believe he broke his finger.

Steve Smith smashed it in his locker.
out of remaining schedult looks like only winnable one is TB 5 wins in this draft would get us a top 10 pick
Share 49ersWebzone