LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

49ers Comp Picks in 2024 - 49ers to get 5 comp picks next year

One silver lining in our free agent loss storm clouds:
the 49ers should get 5 comp picks in 2024 - 4 for FA losses, plus 1 3rd rd pick for diversity losses (Ryans + Carthon + McDaniel?)

49ers have lost 9 comp worthy UFA's and signed only two to offset (Hargrave cancels Jimmy G and Darnold offsets Ward or Moseley)
Therefore in 2024 so far they should receive:
3rd - Carthon/Ryans (diversity)
3rd - McGlinchy $88mil/5yr
5th - Ebukam $27/3yr
6th - Omenihu $16mil/2yr
6th - Moseley or Al-Shaair or Ward

They could should sign another couple of UFA's this year since they have so many FA losses that it wouldn't hurt their comp picks to sign some good FA's
OTC Comp Calcs:
[ Edited by maxsmart on Mar 19, 2023 at 2:16 PM ]
As of last night we had two 3's, a 5th, a 6th, and a 7th.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nickkorte/status/1635839686072741896
Originally posted by Luckycharms:

And that's without knowing what Al Shaair got. His contract will be interesting.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Luckycharms:

And that's without knowing what Al Shaair got. His contract will be interesting.

Omeniheu or Ward is not on the list. I'd imagine Omeniheu nets us a 5th as well. And then the Ridgeway projection goes away.
Originally posted by maxsmart:
One silver lining in our free agent loss storm clouds:
the 49ers should get 5 or 6 comp picks in 2024 - 4 for FA losses, plus 1 or 2 3rd rd picks for diversity losses (Ryans + Carthon + McDaniel?)

(Preliminary analysis before all contract details available)
So far the 49ers have lost 8 comp worthy UFA's and signed only two to offset (Hargrave cancels Jimmy G and Darnold offsets Mosely)
Therefore in 2024 so far they should receive:
3rd - Carthon/Ryans (diversity)
3rd - McDaniel?? (diversity?) - not sure, let me know about this
3rd - McGlinchy $88mil/5yr omg
5th - Omenihu $20mil/2yr wtf (maybe a 4th?)
5th - Ebukam $27/3yr
6th - (5th or 6th) for Brunskill or Al-Shaair or Ward

They will likely sign another 1-2 cheaper UFA's this year since they have so many FA losses that it wouldn't hurt their comp picks significantly

Also these picks will give them some ammo to move up in the 2024 draft

This can still change obviously. Though I expect the 49ers to try to work around this and target mostly their own free agents or guys who were released by their teams and wont' count towards the comp pick formula.
I'm down for using a future pick to move up this yr. We got a billion pick and can't keep all these players
They are going to have to change these comp pick rules before we end up owning the league!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I'm down for using a future pick to move up this yr. We got a billion pick and can't keep all these players

I think the 9ers definitely move up in this draft into the 2nd round, I'm thinking towards the end of it. Maybe for a pass rusher or OT I could see them trading for.
San Francisco 49ers
CFAs Lost: 9 ...... CFAs Gained: 2
Name ............. Comp Rd ....... APY
Jimmy Garoppolo ... rd 3 ... $24.25M ....... Cancelled by Javon Hargrave $21M
Mike McGlinchey .... rd 3 ... $17.5M
Samson Ebukam ..... rd 5 ... $8M
Charles Omenihu .... rd 6 ... $8M
Jimmie Ward ............ rd 6 ... $6.5M
Emmanuel Moseley .. rd 6 ... $6M ......... Cancelled by Sam Darnold $4.5M
Azeez Al-Shaair ........ rd 6 ... $5M .......... no compensation because over 4 losses
Daniel Brunskill ....... rd 7 ... $2.75M ....... no compensation because over 4 losses
Hassan Ridgeway .... rd 7 ... $3.25M ....... no compensation because over 4 losses

Non-CFAs
Clelin Ferrell
Isaiah Oliver

They should sign a couple of FA's because it won't cost them any comp picks ... Try to get a good OT or edge or CB that will accept $5 mil ... or I guess they want to use the draft?
Why didn't they keep Brunskill and Al-Shahir? I guess trying to upgrade with cheaper players in the draft

OTC Comp Pick Calcs
[ Edited by maxsmart on Mar 19, 2023 at 6:42 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

For sure. We can easily use our 3rd in 24 and 25 as bait since we know we have comp picks coming our way and while I hope we have a 10+ year championship window, I'd say it's best to try and go all in now and hope we get a ring in the next 1-3 yrs while we know for sure our core will be intact

Share 49ersWebzone